Finance Manager (Hermiston Quay)
Organisation: The National Trust for Scotland
Salary: £35,023 per annum
Location: Hermiston Quay
To be one of four finance managers operating as business partners to departmental and/or regional management teams to ensure that these teams are able to undertake their financial management activities and responsibilities effectively; and receive appropriate financial advice and support to ensure that their decision making and control frameworks are robust and in line with the strategy and policies of the Trust.
To lead the delivery of their customer’s accurate and timely month-end reporting, Budgeting and Forecasting processes, and support the effective delivery of the Trust’s priority projects and other projects and associated reporting to ExCo and Board.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Lead the provision of timely, accurate and understandable reporting, analysis and targeted interpretation of monthly results to the departmental and/or regional management teams. Ensuring that unsatisfactory performance is challenged, risks are identified and their resolution or escalation is supported and proposed solutions are validated;
• Being responsible for the Trust’s Month End close process, Budgeting and Forecasting processes including the timetable, managing the process and providing information to the Finance Director for incorporation into ExCo and Board reports;
• Support Budget Managers in the creation, monitoring and controlling of their budgets and quarterly forecasts. Analysing variances and liaising with budget holders on potential problem areas, subsequently making recommendations and advising on the impact to the Trust;
• Actively participating in their internal customers’ monthly team meetings, providing financial updates and reports and influencing decision-making on key financial and non-financial matters;
• Responsible for the line management of one or more Finance Assistants and ensuring effective utilisation their people resources and effectively and manage performance/attendance related challenges. In addition, working with colleagues to ensure best use of the wider Finance Team’s resources.
• Creating a continuous improvement culture in particular developing and implementing streamlined and user-friendly processes, procedures and reports to support the financial activities within their internal customer teams, provide training to employees to embed these processes and embed reviews to ensure that these continue to be fit for purpose;
• Identifying and delivering process improvement and cost reduction opportunities across the Trust;
• Taking actions which ensure the on-going success of the Finance team within the Trust;
• Liaising with the Financial Accountant to ensure that the processes developed and implemented support the monthly, quarterly and annual Balance Sheet Reconciliation requirements.
• Working with the Finance Director, develop and implement a sustainable structure and culture for the teams which embodies the Trust’s values and focuses the team’s on customer service, performance and stewardship.
• Active member of the Finance management team and will be involved in supporting cross-Trust initiatives and representing the Finance team in these.
• Developing and maintaining accessible reporting dashboards, and providing financial modelling support for ad hoc Trust wide requests and initiatives
Application Deadline: Friday 03/12/2021