Finance Systems Administrator
Organisation: National Galleries of Scotland
Salary: £29,017 - £31,653 per annum
Salary £29,017 – £31,653 per annum
Plus generous benefits package
Hybrid / flexible working
April 2024 target start date
About the role
There has never been a more exciting time to join the Finance team at the National Galleries of Scotland. In this newly created role, you will play a key part in helping us to develop our finance and procurement systems.
The perfect candidate will have a keen eye for detail, with a structured and logical approach to tasks, be organised, and have excellent IT skills. You’ll also be enthusiastic about new technology and implementing new accounting systems.
You will assist in the preparation of our budget setting and monitoring process of our finance systems. This will help to deliver timely financial and management information to our budget holders and employees. This is a key function in an increasingly difficult financial environment where close monitoring of forecast results against budget is essential to ensure efficient utilisation of resource.
You will work with the IT team and external support providers to develop the systems. You’ll also be tasked with establishing how the Finance team can use Teams and M365 to its potential and train to become a super user on M365 to support the transition for the Finance team.
Tasks will also include co-ordinating the production of procedures, training staff to use the systems, effective application of software and production to allow analysis of the data in an efficient manner.
The difference you’ll make
Reporting to the Management and Systems Accountant you will work closely with them and the Finance team. You’ll assist in the consolidation and monthly reporting of our budget and forecast results, i.e. income, expenditure, staff costs, funded and capital projects. Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
– Assisting with the management of our Financial budget setting and monitoring process.
– Administration of the delegated authority process.
– Working with other financial colleagues for timely delivery of monthly consolidated forecast financial results including income, staff costs, department expenses, project costs and commercial results.
– Assisting with the delivery of quarterly staff cost and headcount reporting to the Leadership Team and individual departments, and preparation of the establishment review working with HR.
– Assisting with preparation of the detailed staff costs budget, which will, working closely with the Management and Systems Accountant support the annual pay remit process.
– Handling of internal support calls and referring and managing resolution with external software support companies and other financial colleagues.
– Administration of our financial systems including creating users, setting security and access levels in line with our delegated authority levels.
– Coordinating the provision of training and support and development to staff across the organisation on finance related systems and procedures.
– Coordinating the review of systems to establish possible integration of systems e.g. Microsoft Dynamics GP, eRequest and EPOS systems.
Please apply directly via our careers portal.
The closing date for completed applications is 12 noon on Monday, 22 January 2024.
Application Deadline: Monday 22/01/2024