FONT OF HOUSE HOSPITALITY SUPERVISOR
Organisation: Conifox Adventure Park
Salary: £10.85 - depending on experience
Location: Kirkliston, Edinburgh
Conifox is a family-owned business in Kirkliston. We operate a large outdoor Adventure Park and a newly completed indoor Activity Centre. Our Adventure Park opened in 2015 and offers a great outdoor space for the whole family to enjoy, with crazy foot-golf, bounce pillow, sandpits, go-carting, picnic benches, BBQs, and a whole lot more.
The Activity Centre is huge and has a large fun-filled soft-play centre which includes a toddler area, a role-play toddler town, and a multi-level soft-play frame. The Activity Centre also incorporates 3 bright and beautiful birthday party rooms, a purpose built function suite, balcony, and a 400 seater café.
The Fetching Fox gastro pub offers a fantastic menu from producers all over Scotland. From juicy steaks from Castle Game Scotland in Linlithgow to hand dived Orkney scallops you’ll die for. Perfect with some local beers and spirits and an array of jaw dropping cocktails with our own added foxy twist.
As the Hospitality Supervisor at Conifox, you will be responsible for the everything that happens which involves food and drink service within the Fetching Fox, Activity Centre, and social and corporate events. It will be your responsibility to oversee each individual’s guest dining experience, ensuring quality control, staff management, health and safety regulations, inventory and most important providing outstanding customer service.
You will be the face of hospitality at Conifox, in our exciting family friendly business, making sure every guest has an enjoyable, memorable, and safe experience whilst eating, drinking, and socialising with us.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Be the face of hospitality operations, leading my example and providing five-star
• Responsible for ensuing all areas and clean, tidy, attractive, and presentable during
• Maintain accurate stock levels along with stock rotation.
• Assist the Hospitality Manager in staff training and development.
• Management of deliveries ensuring they are checked and stored correctly.
• Ensure all food hygiene regulations are adhered to at all times.
• Ensure your team consistently deliver a high standard of guest service.
• Delegate tasks and effectively manage team members in a manner that motivates
and drives productivity.
• Be pro-active at all times and use initiative, diplomacy, and discretion to solve
problems that may arise.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Outstanding customer service skills, with the ability to lead and work as part of a
team with a public facing environment.
• A proven track record at managing staff in a hospitality environment.
• Be a people-person with excellent communication skills with the ability converse
with team members and customer.
• Be a target driven individual with a passions to grow the business.
• Working knowledge of Health and Safety legislation in a hospitality environment.
• Ability to work under pressure whilst maintaining a positive a can-do attitude.
• Possess a high level of attention to detail.
• Possess a food hygiene certificate.
• You must be flexible as this role will require evening, weekend, and Bank Holiday
Application Deadline: Sunday 30/04/2023