Organisation: Grampian Transport Musum
Salary: £22880 pro-rata
Location: Alford, Aberdeenshire
Job title: Food Manager
Reports to: Office Manager, with line management responsibility of the Food Team
Hours: Minimum 22 hours, but flexibility throughout operational hours is required, Monday to Sunday.
Seasonal/Permanent: This is a seasonal role with an anticipated end date of 24th December 2023.
Rate of pay: Salary is anticipated to be £22,880 pro-rata – this is open to discussion at interview.
Purpose of role:
This role contributes to the success of Grampian Transport Museum by exceeding visitor expectations in our food functions – Motorbites (our in-house tearoom), Cromptons (outdoor coffee van) and ad-hoc catering requests. This will include managing the end to end food business, ensuring the operation is profitable and sustainable, in line with Grampian Transport Museum’s objectives.
– Supporting the end to end food business of the museum.
– Welcoming visitors in our food spaces, preparing and serving their orders and upselling appropriately.
– Ordering, counting and replenishing stock, recording waste and taking action where necessary.
– Managing the team, preparing their schedules to a given budget and handling their requests.
– Escalating any issues where needed to the Office Manager and/or Museum Manager.
– Develop new menus, prepare full costs and margin, ensuring profitability and sustainability.
– Take responsibility for ensuring all tasks are completed, performing management checks and following up where standards are not followed.
– Comply with our health and safety policies and procedures, giving feedback where necessary.
Key skills required:
– IT literacy is essential as many of our processes are digital.
– Exceptional customer service skills are essential to this role as it is customer facing.
– Knowledge of managing a food business, though this is not essential as training will be provided.
– Team working skills are essential, alongside good communication skills.
– Level 3 Food Safety qualification, with experience of working in a food environment and food handling.
No specialist knowledge is required, but an interest in museums and being willing to learn about our collection is essential. Full training will be provided.
Why work at Grampian Transport Museum?
We are a self-funding charity with a purpose – you’ll have the opportunity to help us share our amazing collection with and educate the community on travel and transport history in Grampian and Scotland by helping the museum remain topical and relevant. In return, you will get:
– A competitive salary and attractive holiday allowance.
– Complimentary family membership of the museum and access to events.
– We are very dog friendly!
– Discounts in the retail and tearoom facilities.
– Access to development and progression opportunities alongside full management support to do so.
Application Deadline: Monday 20/02/2023