Front of House Duty Manager
Organisation: Jupiter Artland
Salary: Dependent on experience
Location: West Lothian
We are looking for an individual who will enjoy working in an arts venue that is both busy and dynamic. An interest in the arts is desirable and an open friendly personality matched with a keen eye for detail and a passion to lead from the front.
The successful candidate will have the personality and ability to deal with people at all levels and will demonstrate their ability to prioritise and deal efficiently and effectively with their work load. An ability to be diplomatic and discrete where necessary is crucial.
Key responsibilities, tasks and duties:
• To ensure the smooth running of Jupiter Artland while open to the public.
• Responsible for the opening and closing of Jupiter Artland.
• Supervision of Seasonal Shop Assistants, Box Office staff, Visitor Experience Assistants and Volunteers.
• Work closely with the Restaurant manager to ensure Jupiter Artland runs smoothly and provides excellent customer service on a daily basis.
• Assisting with or hosting groups and events.
• Checking in and out of guests staying at the Artist’s House, as well as providing support if needed.
• Ensure members of the public are offered exceptional customer service at all times.
• Deal with any issues/queries and complaints effectively.
• Manage and supervising retail space, ensuring it is presented to the highest standards at all times including merchandising, re-stocking and above all selling.
• Responsible for cashing up end of day sales, produce reports and organising floats.
• Assist in actively selling tickets, stock items from shop, promoting events, courses, talks, memberships. Develop sales and promotional programme that maximises shop performance.
• Online shop assistance, photography, fulfilling orders and assist with shop/sales newsletters.
• Assist with Membership processing and database entries.
• Ensure that health and safety requirements are met at all times.
• Staff rotas, managing and motivating Seasonal Shop Assistants, Box Office staff, Customer Service Assistants and Volunteers.
• Deal with any other issues that may crop up on a daily basis and generally being the friendly helpful face of Jupiter.
Application Deadline: Monday 18/04/2022