Fundraising Executive, Giving Campaigns & Products
Organisation: The National Trust for Scotland
Salary: £35,579 - £39,358 pro-rata, per annum
The wider purpose of the role is to help drive the National Trust for Scotland’s ability to conserve Scotland’s built, natural and cultural heritage in our care.
Specific to this role, this role holder will work with the Fundraising Manager, Giving Campaigns & Products, to advance supporter experience and income from Individual Giving and Product Fundraising. This is a varied role and, with the direction of the Manager, the Executive will; empower our properties and supporter groups to raise funds; and deliver campaigns and products which will inspire support and engage supporters.
Alongside the Manager this role holder will work together, and across teams to grow +£1million income per year; ensuring vital funds for our charity’s work and increasing awareness of our charity. A team player, the Executive will work as a key member of the Fundraising team, contributing to and delivering the departmental strategy and supporting the team.
This role is vital to the delivery of our most high profile, mass market fundraising activity and pipeline development, we want someone passionate, creative, results driven and excited to deliver opportunities for giving!
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
• With strategic direction and support from the Giving Campaigns & Product Manager, take the lead on delivering innovative, creative and income generating mass market appeals for the National Trust for Scotland, managing these smoothly and efficiently form concept to delivery and completion.
• Working with Manager, plan, develop and deliver multiple giving campaigns across the year to meet individual giving and retention targets and contribute to overall fundraising targets.
• Work with your Manager and Fundraising Manager (Operations) to utilize insight and feed into segmentation plan which will inform positive supporter experiences and customer journeys for all fundraising audiences.
• Assist in creating communications for our regular givers, Scottish Heritage Lottery and ROOTS, a seed subscription, including stewardship updates and fulfilment of subscription benefits.
• With Manager and appointed agencies co-ordinate and make recommendations on selection and campaign briefing for appeals, and demonstrate initiative by making recommendations for innovative fundraising, including digital channels and contactless card donations.
• Working with Fundraising Operations, develop a tool-kit of compelling materials for use at properties to assist with on-site and community fundraising.
• Support Member Centre Friends Group fundraising through regular communications and facilitation of meetings
• With Fundraising Manager (Operations), work with your Manager to develop efficient processes for data capture, data management and donation processing, producing regular income and forecasting reports and ensure metrics are in place to test the efficacy of campaigns and develop reports that enable all stakeholders to understand their impact.
• Ensure professional and efficient donor fulfilment and administration for campaigns and products.
• In collaboration with your Manager, the Membership Marketing Manager and the Retail Manager, identify the visit-member-donor lifecycle, develop tailored communications and a compelling value proposition to ‘warm’ visitors/members and grow cause affinity donations and product subscriptions/sales.
• Work with the Supporter Care Manager to ensure the team are fully briefed on all giving campaigns to develop scripts to upsell and encourage donations from members and enquirers.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE
Project Management qualification e.g. APM Project Fundamentals
Process Improvement qualification e.g. Six Sigma Yellow Belt
Excel Associate Certification
Skills, Experience & Knowledge
• Passion for Scotland’s natural, built and cultural heritage, and excitement to seek and share stories and implement activity which will inspire others.
• Successful internal and external relationship building and demonstrably high levels of interpersonal and communication skills and confidence in dealing with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
• You will have experience of working on individual giving solicitation and cultivation, from direct mail and online mass-market appeals to fundraising product development and implementation, to marketing and stewardship programming.
• Engaging copywriting skills and experience in creating a variety of donors comms that can be deployed across different channels to optimise engagement and reduce attrition.
• You will understand and have worked on the oversight of campaigns, working within a framework of Governance and you will understand the requirements of external fundraising bodies to ensure the highest standards of compliance and quality controls are in place to protect our charity’s reputation.
• Experience in managing and briefing agencies to maximise the fundraising return from activities undertaken.
• Confident with data selections/segmentation and campaign analysis principles.
• A proactive approach to problem solving and a keenness to push the boundaries.
• Ability to manage time efficiently, work to deadlines and balance immediate and long-term priorities.
• An eye for detail, experience managing campaign budgets and a rigorous approach to process.
• Experience of working in a results driven environment, delivering success against key targets.
• Highly proficient user of Microsoft Office products and CRM systems with experience of improving processes and of donor fulfilment, administration and reporting to ensure excellent donor care and effective operational performance.
• A relevant degree, professional qualification or equivalent experience.
• You will be an advocate for philanthropy, working with teams from across your organisation to represent Fundraising and influence support and action from colleagues.
Experience of working in a fast-paced environment with a national reach.
A current valid driving licence for driving in the UK.
Experience of gaming products e.g. Lottery, raffle, prize draw.
DIMENSIONS AND SCOPE OF JOB
• Working with the direction and support of your Manager, together you are responsible for Individual Giving and Product Fundraising. This is a varied role with responsibility for; empowering our properties and communities to raise funds; supporting and delivering mass market campaigns with potential and existing donors, regular givers and Lottery members.
• With direction and support of your Manager, together ensuring the delivery of Individual and Product Giving and growing +£1million income per year; ensuring vital funds for our charity’s work and increasing awareness of our charity.
• In addition to 5 DM pieces per year you will support delivery and development of regular giving, Scotland’s Heritage Lottery, our products (ROOTS and Tree Sponsorship), and digital opportunities.
• Occasional supervision of temporary administrative staff, interns and volunteers may be required.
• Works closely with other members of the Fundraising team to ensure a co-ordinated and consistent approach to fundraising activity.
• You will establish and maintain good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including external design and delivery agencies.
• You will work closely with colleagues to ensure their work is presented in ways and in methods to inspire giving.
• You will coordinate and maintain relationships with agencies and partners to deliver our fundraising programmes and activities.
• Exercise tact, discretion and diplomacy at all times when dealing with donors.
• The Manager is responsible for an expenditure budget of circa£500K with income targets of +£1million per year, you will be responsible for supporting this.
• You will be responsible for reporting on, analysing and developing campaigns and recommendations based on data.
Tools / equipment / systems
Example key performance indicators and targets
Key role in raising income of +£1million per year
Donor acquisition and retention
Strong relationships and joint working with colleagues and with volunteers, supporting them to advocate and fundraise for our charity
The Purpose, Context, Key Responsibilities, and Person Specification reflect the requirements of the job at the time of issue. The Trust reserves the right to amend these with appropriate consultation and/or request the post-holder to undertake any activities that it believes to be reasonable within the broad scope of the job or his/her general abilities.
Application Deadline: Sunday 18/06/2023