Organisation: The National Trust for Scotland
Salary: £19,760 pro-rata, per annum
Location: House of Dun
Under the direction of the Head Gardener, and as part of the property team, assist with the conservation, maintenance and development of the garden and estate to ensure that House of Dun, Montrose and other properties across the Angus Cluster are presented to the highest standards to its visitors and guests.
The Key Purposes of the job will be met by:
1. Undertaking practical maintenance of the garden (e.g. managing trees and shrubs, fruit and vegetable cultivation, care and production, herbaceous plants, and bulbs; turf care; pest/disease/weed control; composting and soil improvement; hard-landscaping; path care) to the required standards expected by the Trust and for the maximum safety of, and enjoyment by, visitors;
2. Ability to maintain defined garden areas with minimum supervision demonstrating craft skills & operation of machinery;
3. Contributing to the management, conservation and development of the garden by plant propagation, cultivation, where applicable.
4. Fostering positive relationships with local communities and organisations, promote the work of the Trust, and actively seek opportunities to increase Trust membership;
5. On occasion, contributing to the review and development of property action plans and operational workplans for the garden in collaboration with gardens staff;
6. On occasion, supervising and working with volunteers and/or staff members to ensure they deliver required outputs at the appropriate standard, and gain benefit/satisfaction from their activities;
7. Demonstrating self motivation, organizing, planning, and prioritizing and good time management;
8. Undertaking such other reasonable duties as may from time to time be required to ensure the smooth running of the property as required by the Head Gardener, Gardener.
9. Ensuring compliance with the Trust’s health, safety, and environment policies and procedures.
The current duties of this job do not require a criminal records (Disclosure Scotland) check to be carried out.
Application Deadline: Friday 18/02/2022