Organisation: The National Trust for Scotland
Salary: £19,760 pro-rata, per annum
Location: Branklyn Gardens
To assist the Head Gardener in the conservation, care and presentation of the property’s gardens and policies..
• Assist with the conservation, maintenance and development of the garden, and historic designed landscape within the context of the Trust’s policies and standards such that its conservation as natural/cultural heritage is not compromised. This includes lawn care and turf maintenance, pest and weed management, watering, pruning and planting;
• The care of tools, machinery and garden furniture or ornaments;
• Assist with the implementation of work plans within the context of the Garden Schedule, ensuring that daily maintenance, cyclical and one-off projects are achieved on time and to the agreed standards;
• Assist the Head Gardener working with volunteers and resources across the property;
• Assisting in the provision of an attractive and highly-presented amenity for general visitors with concern for their health and safety, paying special attention to the needs of disabled visitors;
• In the absence of (or at the request of) the Head Gardener, assume general responsibility for the security of the garden and supervision of garden volunteers;
• Be responsible and accountable for the implementation of the Trust’s Health & Safety Policy at the property, being mindful at all times of the health and safety of self, staff, volunteers, and visitors;
• Occasionally duties include welcoming/processing visitors and selling plants and gifts from the shop;
• Some weekend duties are required.
Application Deadline: Friday 25/02/2022