Organisation: The National Trust for Scotland
Salary: £19,760 per annum
As part of the property team, assist with the conservation and development of the properties and gardens to ensure that Craigievar Castle and Estate are presented at the highest standards to its visitors and guests.
The Key Purposes of the job will be met by:
1. Undertaking practical maintenance of the garden (e.g. managing trees and shrubs, herbaceous plants, and bulbsturf care; pest/disease/weed control; composting and soil improvement; hard-landscaping; path care) to the required standards expected by the Trust and for the maximum safety of, and enjoyment by, visitors;
2. As requested, assisting with education/interpretation activities such as introductory talks and guided walks;
3. Fostering positive relationships promote the work of the Trust, and actively seek opportunities to increase Trust membership;
4. On occasion, working with volunteers and/or staff members to ensure they deliver required outputs at the appropriate standard, and gain benefit/satisfaction from their activities;
5. Demonstrating self motivation, organizing, planning, and prioritizing and good time management;
6. Undertaking such other reasonable duties as may from time to time be required to ensure the smooth running of the property as required by the Head Gardener.
7. Ensuring compliance with the Trust’s health, safety, and environment policies and procedures.
Application Deadline: Friday 04/02/2022