Organisation: The National Trust for Scotland
Salary: £19,760 pro-rata, per annum
Under the direction of the Head Gardener, to ensure that the garden and estate are managed and maintained to a high standard in line with the aims and objectives of the National Trust for Scotland.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Assisting with general horticultural duties to the required standards expected by the Trust and for the maximum safety of, and enjoyment by, visitors. Activities may include:
• Grass-cutting, strimming, hedge-cutting and raking/collection
• Cutting of lawn edges
• Hand-weeding of beds and borders
• Weeding, watering and feeding vegetable beds and harvesting produce
• Planting out (under direction of staff)
• Application of mulches
• Assisting with general property maintenance duties and for the maximum safety of, and enjoyment by, visitors. Activities may include:
• Refuse disposal
• Raking gravel paths
• Assisting as required with the general enjoyment of the gardens and estate by:
• Responding to general visitor enquiries
• Assisting at events held within the garden or on the estate
• Assisting with interpretation activities such as answering basic horticultural enquiries from visitors and providing clear and accurate plant labeling.
• Working with the full time staff to foster positive relationships with local communities, visitors and promoting the work of the Trust, and actively seeking opportunities to increase Trust membership
• Working with volunteers to ensure they deliver required outputs at the appropriate standard and gain benefits from their volunteering
• Ensuring compliance with the Trust’s health, safety and environment policies and procedures to ensure the safety of staff, volunteers and visitors. This includes recognition of the Trust’s environmental policy with respect to sustainable gardening policies.
Application Deadline: Friday 28/01/2022