Organisation: The Royal Zoological Society of Scotland
Salary: Salary Range £19,793.00 - £21,724.00 Per Annum
Location: EH12 6TS
To undertake the maintenance of park gardens including the nursery and landscape, enclosure areas, facilities and infrastructure owned by RZSS in line with the garden team’s procedures and ongoing site development plans in support of RZSS’ vision and mission. Providing high standards of general maintenance to ensure that all areas of the site are safe and well presented for our visitors.
Some of the things you’ll do:
* Undertake, as directed, the construction and maintenance of enclosures, gardens and landscaping to ensure that all areas of the site are safe and well presented for our visitors.
* Assist with the co-ordination of a wide range of horticultural activities (e.g. lawn care, mowing, strimming, blowing, hedge trimming, planting, pruning, weeding) and another general garden work that involve other sections and departments
* Conduct routine cleaning, inspection and maintenance of assigned small plant and vehicles according to the agreed transport policy and best practice.
* Oversee the work of assigned colleagues (Grounds Person) and volunteers, giving appropriate coaching guidance and direction to ensure work is completed in an efficient, professional and timely manner
* To take reasonable care for the health and safety of yourself and that of others. This implies taking positive steps to understand the hazards in the workplace, to comply with safety rules and procedures and to ensure that nothing you do, or fail to do, puts yourself or others at risk.
What we’re looking for:
* You’ll have a relevant SVQ level 2 qualification in horticulture or equivalent qualification or experience.
* Be able to demonstrate horticultural competence with a variety of plant material.
* Have practical experience in a horticultural and or landscaping activity.
* Able to both work as part of a team, or on your own.
* Able to demonstrate and set a good example of health and safety practice to others.
Please see the role profile for further information on what the role involves and essential/desirable criteria.
Application Deadline: Wednesday 12/10/2022