Organisation: Eden Scott
Salary: £50,000 - £60,000
Location: Dalmeny, Edinburgh
Eden Scott is delighted to be working with Rosebery Estates, owned by the Earl of Rosebery and his family, Rosebery Estates is located on the outskirts of Edinburgh, comprising the family home, Dalmeny House set within the beautiful 2000 acre Dalmeny Park as well as the diverse and beautiful landscape from the outskirts of Edinburgh to the upland moors of Leithenwater in the Scottish Borders.
These working estates thrive on adaptability and enterprise in the management of their farms, forestry, commercial and residential property. As well as these assets there are three 5-star event venues. All this is managed in sympathy with the natural environment and with consideration for local communities.
Rosebery Estates are seeking to recruit a General Manager with vision and ambition to oversee the development of the Estate Events Department based at Dalmeny Estate Office. The business is in its infancy and there are great opportunities to build on what has already been achieved and take the business through its next phase of growth, by adding more venues and accommodation.
The role will be to manage an expanding business which is currently based on three recently developed high quality venues, one at Dalmeny (Barnbougle Castle) and two at Rosebery Estate (Rosebery Steading and Rosebery House). In addition, here are 5 holiday cottages associated with these venues providing great accommodation opportunities for those using the venues.
There is a team of sales and facilities managers, housekeeping staff and part time casual workers.
The GM will work closely with the Estate Factor and report to the Estate Factor and the Rosebery Estates Board, bringing together all the attributes the estate has to offer to build a truly unique business in keeping with its history and surroundings.
Key skills and experience required:
• Events business experience in a unique or historical venue
• Commercial acumen-strong financial and/or sales and marketing background and a track record of delivering commercially successful solutions
• Team working –this is a family business and home and the successful candidate will need to demonstrate an ability to work within a non-conventional structure, which requires differing styles for different stakeholders
• Leadership-proven experience of building and leading multi-disciplinary teams
• Business strategy development –able to build a vision and strategy and put in place the operational requirements to bring this to life
• Persuasive, empathetic and flexible style which can adapt to the needs and views of multiple stakeholders
• Full driving license
Salary circa £50,000 – £60,000 dependent on skills and experience is on offer plus various generous company benefits in order to secure the right candidate.
Eden Scott is dealing exclusively with this client on this vacancy so please submit your CV on line or to email@example.com and for an informal chat please call Sally on 07776 662506
Closing date 5.00pm Friday 29th April 2022.
Application Deadline: Friday 29/04/2022