Organisation: The National Trust for Scotland
Salary: £21,260 pro-rata per annum
Location: Mar Lodge Estate
To assist the sporting team in managing and enhancing the game management activities on Mar lodge Estate In accordance with the Deer Management Plan. Principally this will involve the use of ATV vehicles for extraction of deer carcasses, associated larder work, and general estate maintenance duties as required.
This position plays a vital role in the practical implementation and successful delivery of the written management plans. The location of the estate in such an area of environmental significance as well as high levels of public usage means that the role is often employed in practical ways to inform and educate both staff and members of the public thus reducing the risk of potential conflict between our three core principles which are, Conservation – Access – Field Sports.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Helping to Deliver the MLE management plan and DMP, under the training, supervision and direction of a Stalker.
• Working at all times to a level of service delivery equivalent to, or above, published codes of conduct and best practice relating to areas of work undertaken as part of the duties of a Ghillie.
• Care and use of estate vehicles and machinery required to undertake the necessary duties of a Ghillie, such as ATV’s, 4WD’s, Tractors, including the maintenance and operator checks necessary for all vehicles and machinery used, as per training and manufacturers guidelines.
• To implement fully the National Trust for Scotland’s Health and safety policy.
• To extend the understanding of visitors to the estate of game management and field sports and the harmonious benefits to be experienced for both sports and conservation.
• General estate duties as required.
Application Deadline: Friday 10/06/2022