Granton Art Centre Attendant Perm
Organisation: National Galleries of Scotland
Salary: £20,828 pro rata
(BAND 8) Salary £20,828 per annum pro rata
30 hours per week working Monday to Friday. You may be expected to work 9.00 a.m. to 4.00 p.m. with a one-hour unpaid lunch break however, a requirement for this role will be to work flexibly within GAC core hours of 8.30 a.m. to
We are pleased to say that we have a new role for a GAC Attendant. This permanent role will be part-time based at the based in Granton Art Centre providing security for the artwork and buildings and to welcome, assist and supervise visitors.
1. Supervision of members of the public and appointed contractors to ensure the safety of the collections.
2. Providing a high standard of visitor care, maintaining a professional front and being the public face of the National Galleries. Welcoming visitors, answering queries and orientation.
3. Staffing GAC reception and entrance, including searching incoming baggage or containers as necessary.
4. Monitoring fire and security alarm panels, CCTV systems and maintenance of accurate records.
5. Ensuring the safety and security of the collection by visual monitoring and operation of control room equipment.
6. Assistance to the public, colleagues, partners, and appointed contractors in emergency situations.
7. Security supervision of contractors and tradespeople.
8. Patrolling the store and dealing effectively and calmly with situations as they arise.
9. Light cleaning and portering duties.
10. Adherence to Health and Safety guidelines.
11. To be proactive in keeping up to date with NGS public programme and to engage with the public on these, whilst also remaining vigilant.
Application Deadline: Wednesday 22/06/2022