Organisation: Floors Castle
Location: Floors Castle, Kelso
• To maintain all areas of lawn and gravel within the grounds of the Castle and Walled Gardens to a high standard, repairing damage to lawns and edges as necessary.
• To prepare and implement annual lawn management and renovation programmes.
• To maintain areas of long grass within the grounds, strimming as and where necessary.
• To maintain the pathways throughout the grounds.
• To manage and maintain machinery and equipment, arranging repair as necessary keeping an accurate log and ensuring machinery is kept clean & tidy generally in good condition.
• To keep lawns and pathways clear of leaves using leaf blowers, clearing twigs and branches, collection and disposal of as necessary.
• To regularly spray weeds on hard standing areas, gravel and for lawn care, ensuring health & safety guidelines for working with pesticides are strictly followed, (training provided if spraying certificates not held)
• To check and empty ash bins, rubbish bins and carry out litter picking both within and outside the garden walls where necessary
• To manage own time with regards to work and events schedules, especially when an outdoor public event is arranged.
• To assist in the Walled Gardens when unable to carry out grounds duties due to inclement weather during winter months.
• During winter months ensure roads within the Estate are clear of snow and/or frost by salt spreading, responsible for arranging salt deliveries as and when necessary
• To manage own budget set in conjunction with the Head Gardener.
• To keep the workplace tidy and orderly to ensure a safe working environment and a tidy space to maintain machinery
• To be adaptable and able to work both on your own and within a team.
Qualities you will possess
• Passion for what you do
• Attention to detail and extremely motivated
• Positive and friendly with a “can do attitude”
• Ability to prioritise and organise
• Confident to make decisions and to stand by them
• Excellent communicator
• A sense of fun!
• Take responsibility for yourself
What do you need to be successful?
• Relevant qualification or minimum of 3 years’ experience
• Working knowledge of ride on and pedestrian mowers, tractors, towing trailers, strimmers and leaf blowers
• Able to demonstrate affinity with machinery, repairing and maintenance.
• A positive mindset with a passion for your work, plants, grass and trees
• Able to demonstrate you are a team player, yet also happy to work on your own for long periods of time
• PA1/PA6 spraying certification
• Chainsaw ticket
How to Apply
If this post interests you please apply in writing to:
Ms L Pearson
Roxburghe Estates Office
Application Deadline: Sunday 06/03/2022