Head of Holidays (accommodation)
Organisation: Eden Scott
Salary: £48,158 to £53,266 plus an annual car allowance of £3,800 per annum
Eden Scott is delighted to be working with the National Trust for Scotland, a charity established in 1931, to provide access and enjoyment to the properties, places and collections in its care. They also exist to protect what they look after for future generations to enjoy; and increasingly they are keen to act as a strong conservation voice for heritage and climate change response across Scotland.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the team at the Trust in a newly created role of Head of Holidays.
The Trust currently operates 50 holiday cottages/apartments and 5 bunkhouses within their portfolio. With new properties due to be added this year and a further number being reviewed as potential holiday lets, there is significant scope to expand this portfolio further and grow their future income. In 2020, they launched a new partnership with a third party who manage the front end of their process including website management, customer reservations, marketing, and promotion.
With a new 10-year Corporate Strategy set out, it is the perfect time to assess their current model and set a new strategic direction for their holiday department, focused on expanding commercial opportunities and maintaining their portfolio to a high standard to support their charitable purpose and deliver an enhanced and consistent customer experience.
This role will develop and lead the delivery of their holidays’ strategy, growing income whilst ensuring that their charitable purpose is supported. The post holder will identify opportunities, and establishing the future direction of our holidays function. Managing key stakeholder relationships will be vital, ensuring they are getting value for money from their third-party partnerships and supporting their property teams throughout the estate to deliver an enhanced customer experience.
Working closely with our estates, health and safety, and property teams, an ongoing programme of maintenance should be established to maintain high standards of service and facilities, protecting our assets for years to come and for future generations to enjoy.
This role involves travel to sites across Scotland with some flexibility for home-based working and whilst formally based at the Trust’s HQ in Edinburgh the post holder can be based anywhere in Scotland.
Key responsibilities of the role:
• Key Stakeholder Management
• Financial Management
• Asset Planning/Maintenance/Standards
• Customer Insight/Marketing and Promotion
• Customer Experience
• Legal/H&S Compliance
• People Management
Key skills and experience required:
• A thorough knowledge of the industry standards for holiday lets/self-catering/hotels or similar, particularly the Visit Scotland grading system.
• A proven track record of setting high standards and delivering first class accommodation for visitors.
• A strong aesthetic sense and ability to work alongside building surveyors and other colleagues across the organisation to create beautiful well-furnished spaces that reflect the Trust’s conservation and heritage credentials
• Business analysis experience and advanced knowledge and understanding of financial reporting, marketing reporting and systems reporting
• Demonstrable experience of successfully increasing revenues through effective marketing and promotional plans
• People Management experience, successfully leading and developing team/s
• Ability to lead and maintain team ethic and apply focus on agreed collective strategy
• Successful financial/budgetary management
This role offers an excellent competitive salary within a range of £48,158 to £53,266 plus an annual car allowance of £3,800 per annum with significant company benefits.
Eden Scott are dealing exclusively with the Trust on this vacancy so to be considered for this exciting opportunity with a truly unique and best in class employer, please submit your CV online clearly stating salary expectation or to email@example.com and for an informal chat or to receive the full role information pack and job description please email or call Sally on 07776 662506.
Closing date for applications 5.00pm Friday 1st April 2022.
Application Deadline: Friday 01/04/2022