Head of Marketing
Organisation: Blair Drummond Safari Park
Salary: £55,000 - £65,000 p.a. plus bonus and benefits
Location: Blair Drummond Safari Park, near Stirling, FK9 4UR
A truly unique opportunity as Head of Marketing, part of the leadership team at an exciting business…..
A visit to Blair Drummond Safari and Adventure Park (“the Park”) is one of Scotland’s best family days out. Since opening the gates in 1970 (so, 2020 was our 50th anniversary), the brand has grown considerably, and we can now offer an exceptionally varied experience to the hundreds of thousands of visitors we receive each year- in 2021, we welcomed over 500,000 visitors. The Park is situated in 160 acres of landscaped grounds and is home to over 350 different breeds of animal.
The Park has seen significant investment in the last few years, providing a solid foundation for future growth. It forms part of a larger estate enterprise which also includes a farm shop & cafe, a caravan park, a sawmill, forestry, fishing and let property.
We are currently looking for an exceptional candidate to fill our Head of Marketing role at the Park, to develop and implement a sales and marketing strategy in line with our business objectives. This will include driving ticket and ancillary sales and developing new products to build income streams from corporate and in-house events.
Heading a team of 8 that grows to 20 with seasonal staff, key responsibilities include:
• Developing and implementing the Park’s marketing strategy to target key audiences and increase ticket sales & footfall
• Keeping abreast of market trends and competitor activity
• Setting clear team and individual KPIs in line with business objectives
• Being an active participant on relevant membership bodies to remain abreast of industry developments
• Ensuring a clear understanding of our key markets and customer experience to identify opportunities for improvements and development.
This is a role which will give the autonomy to flourish and perform to provide optimal results. The Park is an extremely marketable visitor attraction centre with a wide range of entertainment choices. Assisted by a motivated team, and with a main reporting line to the Managing Director of the Park, the Head of Marketing will be an important part of the leadership team, contributing to the strategic direction and management of the Park.
Key experience sought includes:
• A minimum of 5 years Marketing management in an experience-led business
• Developing and executing Sales and Marketing Strategy and Plans, with related budgets and forecasts
• Broad experience across all aspects of marketing, including PR, CRM, direct marketing and digital
• Developing programmes that can drive profit margin growth, alongside revenue growth
• Mapping and enhancing the customer/visitor experience and connecting all the key touch-points.
We are passionate about the business and are looking for a Head of Marketing to share that passion and help build on our success, taking responsibility for some of the key aspects of future growth and working in a truly unique environment with a great team.
If this role is of interest, please get in touch with David Bond at McGregor Bond on firstname.lastname@example.org or call him on 07801 490678 for a confidential discussion. No agencies, CVs will be treated as gifts.
Application Deadline: Friday 14/10/2022