Head of Membership
Organisation: Eden Scott
Salary: £56,679 to £62,977 with significant company benefits.
Eden Scott is delighted to be working with the National Trust for Scotland, a charity established in 1931, to provide access and enjoyment to the properties, places and collections in its care. They also exist to protect what they look after for future generations to enjoy; and increasingly they are keen to act as a strong conservation voice for heritage and climate change response across Scotland.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the team at the Trust in a newly created role of Head of Membership.
The Trust is the largest membership organisation in Scotland with well over 300,000 members who experience access to their places and play an important part in supporting their charitable work. As well as being proud of having such a strong membership following, the Trust attracts millions of visits to its properties and places each year. Visitors come from around the world, across the UK, and there is very strong following within Scotland too.
One of the key directorates at the Trust is called ‘Customer & Cause’. The directorate of circa 40 people exists to inspire people to visit, join and donate to the Charity. The directorate consists of four teams: Marketing, Membership, Fundraising and Communications.
This role of Head of Membership will join this directorate and is all about ensuring the people of Scotland are given the best membership proposition they could possibly want to add value to their own lives, and to give everyone a ready-made way to help protect so much of what makes Scotland special.
The specific purpose of the role is to be the ultimate internal champion for members and membership issues across the Charity. You will help the Trust keep on thinking about how they can do more for their members, and how they can inspire them to do more for their charitable purpose in return.
In addition, with a large membership base, the role of a CRM database is critical to offer a strong and consistent supporter journey to their members. As a result, the role includes a strong requirement for overseeing the development and maintenance of the CRM for the purposes of membership, but also, to ensure the end-to-end automations of the CRM are embedded across the wider Trust.
Key responsibilities of the role:
• Strategic lead on membership
• Shared leadership responsibilities
• Driving membership recruitment
• Maximising existing member engagement
• Setting strategies for enhancing member retention
• Maximising member Gift Aid opt-ins and email consents
• Driving members to want to be additional donors
• Strategic lead for the CRM for the Trust
• Managing the in-house Customer Services Team & 3rd-party fulfilment agency
• Budgeting and reporting
Key skills and experience required:
• Experience of managing a membership or large supporter programme, preferably in the context of a charity or purpose-led organisation.
• Clear understanding of the strategic opportunities of a CRM and the wider organisational challenges that need to be addressed when seeking to embed a common approach to supporter management.
• Strong budget planning and reporting skills.
• Experience of providing individual and shared leadership, preferably in large and complex organisations.
• Highly proficient at developing data strategies to unlock the power of an organisations data and managing data quality in line with retention policies.
• Working understanding of Data Protection principals including GDPR and PCI Compliance.
• Working understanding of Gift Aid.
• Evidence of leading a team.
• Ability to communicate often complex data and policies in simple and engaging ways to encourage widespread understanding and adoption.
• Willingness and ability to travel across Scotland to visit Trust properties and regional teams to fully understand the local contexts are members experience.
• Experience of working in a results-driven environment, delivering success against key targets.
• Demonstrable skills in successful budget and financial management, combined with clear evidence of commercial awareness.
• Demonstrable high levels of interpersonal and communication skills and confidence in dealing with a wide range stakeholders.
• Experience of working for a charity, possibly specific to heritage, cultural or conservation fields.
• A current valid driving license.
This role offers an excellent competitive salary within a range of £56,679 to £62,977 with significant company benefits.
Eden Scott are dealing exclusively with the Trust on this vacancy so to be considered for this exciting opportunity with a truly unique and best in class employer, please submit your CV online clearly stating salary expectation or to email@example.com and for an informal chat or to receive the full role information pack and job description please email or call Sally on 07776 662506.
Closing date for applications 5.00pm Monday 16th August 2021.
Application Deadline: Monday 16/08/2021