Head of Retail
Organisation: Eden Scott
Salary: £48,158 to £53,266 plus an annual car allowance of £3,800 per annum
Eden Scott is delighted to be working with the National Trust for Scotland, a charity established in 1931, to provide access and enjoyment to the properties, places and collections in its care. They also exist to protect what they look after for future generations to enjoy; and increasingly they are keen to act as a strong conservation voice for heritage and climate change response across Scotland.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the team at the Trust in a newly created role of Head of Retail.
This role will have overall responsibility for driving the retail strategy across the Trust, leading the national retail team, and setting the future direction of their buying and merchandising proposition across both gift shops and online.
With a diverse portfolio of locations and online presence, this role is pivotal in ensuring that their offer continues to develop in a modern, and flexible way, delivering ranges that are distinctive, which promote their charitable purpose and brand values in new and innovative ways.
With the support of the retail team, the post holder will work collaboratively with property leadership teams to enhance the retail visitor experience delivering the right balance between national and local/property specific themes.
The post holder will also develop, continually review, and maintain all retail policies and procedures providing clarity of expected standards/governance and accountability across buying, product development, stock management, customer service, merchandising and supplier management.
This role involves travel to sites across Scotland with some flexibility for home-based working and whilst formally based at the Trust’s HQ in Edinburgh the post holder can be based anywhere in Scotland.
Key responsibilities of the role:
National Retail Strategy:
• Develop, review, and manage a national Trust Retail Strategy, setting goals and milestones across the next 10 years which deliver increased revenue whilst also supporting the charitable purpose of the Trust and reflecting the brand values
• Ensure consistency across the estate and online, in product development, stock management & compliance, profitability, and financial management
• Responsibility for the development, supply, and distribution of retail ranges across the NTS portfolio and online, and for the effective management of cost prices, distribution costs, inventory levels and supplier management
• Develop a set of national retail KPI’s, agreed with Operational Management teams which can be used to monitor and drive commercial performance
• Develop and create new business opportunities to further increase revenues across the Trust
Financial /Operational Management
Trading Performance/Customer Insight
Stock and Inventory management
• The post holder has responsibility for the Product and Merchandise Manager roles as well as the dedicated E-Commerce team
Key skills and experience required:
• Experience of successful retail product development for multi-site operations in a public-facing retail services environment
• Previous successful management of E-commerce/online shop operations
• Successful experience of direct management of profitable retail operations
• Experience of successful/effective supply chain management, procurement, contractor management across capital, professional services, and inventory supply
• Business analysis experience and advanced knowledge and understanding of financial reporting, marketing reporting and systems reporting
• Experience of managing retail sales and stock management systems, EPOS and reporting within multi-site operations
• Operational experience advantageous: sales and service; leading sales team
• Experience of successfully increasing revenues through effective promotions and product development initiatives
• Proven experience of effective stock control management, stock-taking practise and financial year-end protocols and controls
• People Management experience, successfully leading and developing retail management teams
This role offers an excellent competitive salary within a range of £48,158 to £53,266 plus an annual car allowance of £3,800 per annum with significant company benefits.
Eden Scott are dealing exclusively with the Trust on this vacancy so to be considered for this exciting opportunity with a truly unique and best in class employer, please submit your CV online clearly stating salary expectation or to firstname.lastname@example.org and for an informal chat or to receive the full role information pack and job description please email or call Sally on 07776 662506.
Closing date for applications 5.00pm Friday 1st April 2022.
Application Deadline: Friday 01/04/2022