Head of Sales & Marketing - Edinburgh Gin distillery and visitor centre
Organisation: Eden Scott
Eden Scott is delighted to be working in partnership with Ian Macleod Distillers Ltd… ‘An international, entrepreneurial, brand-led, successful, sustainable and respected, family business’
They own some of the world’s best loved brands such as Glengoyne, Tamdhu, Rosebank and Edinburgh Gin and are a fourth-generation family owned and managed whisky and spirits business operating across the UK and internationally.
They are producers of multi award winning premium whisky and gin with many other whiskies and spirits as part of their portfolio. Crafting Spirits With Passion, is what they do best… not only are they producers of exquisite brands, but they are also distributors and suppliers in B2B and B2C channels. They are a brand led, successful family business with their spirits (people and brands), at their very core. Driven by passion, enthusiasm and solid business values, they are now expanding their B2C offering and continuing to invest in each of their brand homes (visitor centres) as their brands continue to evolve and grow.
Their visitor centres are currently in Glasgow (Glengoyne) and Edinburgh (Edinburgh Gin) and they have consistently been rated on Trip Advisor as part of Scotland’s top rated tourist attractions! Their teams already deliver some of the finest distillery tours and tastings in the country and provide truly engaging and world class visitor experiences.
An exciting opportunity has now arisen for a dynamic and experienced sales & marketing professional to join Ian Macleod Distillers in a newly created role, that of Head of Sales & Marketing for their brand-new city centre Edinburgh Gin distillery and visitor centre opening in 2023.
This role plays a pivotal part in the Brand Homes Team. The Head of Sales and Marketing (Gin) drives and implements the sales strategy and delivers the business sales targets for Edinburgh Gin Brand Home. The position will be responsible for annual sales targets achieved through provision of world class, on-Brand experiences, events and retail at our distillery and in-house retail store, attracting the ideal consumer with which to instigate and nurture long term, profitable relationships with the Edinburgh Gin Brand and its home.
Key responsibilities include:
Leadership & People Management
• Lead the Brand Homes sales and marketing team (Gin) ensuring activity is delivered in line with BH best practice and aligned to IMD company culture, ethos and values, whilst carefully retaining the brand specific look and feel.
• One to one coaching and development of reports, upskilling team members in terms of best operational and management practices
• Identify ongoing staff training & development needs and work closely with the BH Director, outside agencies & the wider HR group to develop individual staff members and teams
• Growing and nurturing a culture of proactiveness; strategic problem solving; curiosity, prioritisation, and accountability
• Lead the Brand Homes sales and marketing team (Gin) with ambitious commercial plans across multiple sectors. Setting clear team and individual KPIs
• Demonstrate strategic oversight of Brand Homes Sales, Marketing and Events
• Research, plan and implement an annual BH Sales, Marketing and Communications plan, which feeds into the wider Brand Homes sales and marketing plan
• Responsible for the EG Brand Homes Sales and Marketing budget.
• Responsible for sales plans, trade shows, MICE business & HNWI’s.
• Liaise with Head of Sales and Marketing (Whisky) to ensure a coordinated approach to the trade
• Manage relationships, pricing and contracts with travel trade (DMCs, Event Organisers, Travel agents, Tour Series Partners and Online Tour Operators)
• Lead the process of responding to and managing venue enquires and pro-actively cultivating new sales leads.
• Lead business development through researching and developing a pipeline of key targets and ensure that it is maintained.
• Work closely and collaboratively with BH Operations, Marketing Executives, and the Edinburgh Gin Brand teams to create on-Brand, profitable distillery experiences
• Analyse customer to customer profitability, ensuring best use of distillery facilities and time slots
• Oversee relationship with Visit Scotland advertising opportunities, FAM trips, journalist/blogger engagement and membership of relevant steering group(s)
• Work with BH Director and Brand team on launch plans for the Edinburgh Gin Distillery
• Liaise with BH Director and IMD CRM lead to develop CRM system that makes best possible use of BH data stream
• Leverage CRM (B2B and B2C) on an ongoing basis, culturally embed and champion across Brand Homes
• Work with the wider Brand Homes and Brand team to develop new visitor offers seeking new and exciting ways to exceed customer expectations and needs while promoting the Edinburgh Gin Brand.
• Monitor and share visitor feedback and insights with team to ensure continuous high standards of visitor activity.
Key skills required:
• We are seeking the very best sales & marketing expert in this field in the Edinburgh area with relevant client contacts and proven track record in tourism
• Excellent knowledge of the Edinburgh tourism industry, MICE sectors and travel trade.
• Strong and professional relationship builder
• Previous working in an account management/client services role
• Highly developed commercial awareness, in particular understanding margins, revenues and how to influence financial business health through effective selling
• Full UK Driving License
Excellent salary above industry average indicative of the calibre of candidate they seek with significant and generous company benefits.
Eden Scott is working exclusively with Ian Macleod Distillers Ltd so to be considered for this exciting opportunity with a truly unique and best in class employer, please submit your CV online and for an informal chat or to receive the full role information pack and job description please call Sally on 07776 662506.
Closing date for applications 12.00noon Tuesday 8th November 2022.
Application Deadline: Tuesday 08/11/2022