Heritage Attendant: Crofter
Organisation: Highland Folk Museum
Salary: £10.85 p/h
To assist in the day-to-day operation of the museum, by engaging with visitors using a variety of techniques; which include first person interpretation, skill demonstrations, cooking, and care for animals as required.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
• To assist in the day to day operation of the museum, by engaging with visitors using a variety of techniques; which includes first person interpretation, cooking, and demonstrating crafts/skills e.g. rope making as allocated.
• To assist in the day to day running of the working croft by supporting the care of a variety of livestock and providing the historic interpretation of the croft.
• To assist in the day to day operation of the museum, by providing outstanding customer care in all areas.
• To work on a rota basis within the Crofter role, including regular weekend and bank holiday working.
• To ensure the museum environment is cared for – buildings, artefacts, facilities and the sites are kept clean and tidy.
• To ensure that all activities are carried out safely.
Application Deadline: Sunday 22/01/2023