HR and Payroll Assistant
Organisation: V&A Dundee
Salary: £18,000 - £22,000
Location: V&A Dundee
The HR and Payroll Assistant will work within the Finance, Resources and Planning department, playing a vital role in supporting the organisation with all day to day HR needs.
A key member of the team, supporting the HR function and the operation of the organisation’s HR policies, processes and procedures. Main duties and responsibilities of the role are split 20% payroll and 80% HR focus.
Responsible for keeping all staff records up to date which will include processing new starter information, ensuring all background and right to work checks are completed and assisting in the recording and reporting of other workforce information including absence and attendance details and equality and diversity information. Assist in payroll and pension preparation by administering and sending data monthly to the relevant external organisations and sharing communications with employees. Acting as the first point of contact for HR queries and assisting with on-boarding and off-boarding processes, contracts and contract renewals and performance management administration.
HR support is provided to the V&A Dundee by the University of Dundee (one of the founding partners) who are regularly on site, providing advice on professional and technical matters and in relation to professional development for the post.
Duties and Responsibilities
– Assist with the implementation of HR policies, procedures and guidelines ensuring they are understood and observed throughout the organisation.
– Facilitate recruitment activities, ensuring legal compliance, consistency and fairness. This includes ensuring immigration and PVG/Disclosure checks are carried out where necessary.
– Provide information to staff and managers on terms and conditions of service e.g. annual leave entitlement, notice period, etc.
– Assist with administration processes around the on-boarding and induction of staff, volunteers and freelancers.
– Liaise with Dundee City Council on a regular basis to ensure the correct information is transferred with relation to the monthly payroll.
– Liaise with pension provider on a regular basis to ensure that the auto-enrolment of staff and regular communications are being maintained
– Oversee employee file maintenance and record keeping in line with GDPR.
– Assist with and contribute to projects as specified by the FRP Management Team.
– Assist staff from other departments as required and any other duties which may be reasonably requested by the FRP Management Team. .
– Assist the Finance Manager with the drafting of contracts and contract renewals and the updating of the HR system. Prepare correspondence as necessary.
– Assist with the implementation of the new HR system, maintaining staff records in the system going forward. Activities will include checking or obtaining data from the system or manual personnel file system and updating records.
– Support the organisation with employee wellbeing through surveying, reporting and actioning feedback.
– Monitoring the Recruitment mailbox and responding as appropriate.
– Supporting the HR Officers where appropriate.
– Administrative experience working within an HR environment
– A working knowledge of HR processes
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills
– Able to demonstrate professionalism and a strong customer service approach
– Confidential and discrete, with the ability to handle sensitive and personal information appropriately
– Highly organised and motivated with an ability to work both on own initiative and as a team player contributing expertise
– Excellent prioritisation and time management skills coupled with an ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
– Experience in the use of Microsoft Office (Work, Excel, PowerPoint) and an understanding of databases and their usage
– Excellent attention to detail and accurate
– Flexibility in dealing with multiple and varying duties and performing well under pressure
– Positive, team-oriented attitude
– A genuine interest – and desire to work in – a cultural organisation
– Ideally CIPD qualified or working towards qualification. The organisation may be able to support the correct candidate through this qualification.
– Experience of assisting or processing monthly payroll
– Good Knowledge of Employment Law
– Experience using HR Software
V&A Dundee is committed to equal opportunities and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Application Deadline: Wednesday 28/07/2021