IT Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
Organisation: The National Trust for Scotland
Salary: £34,376 - £38,027 pro-rata, per annum
Location: EH11 4DF
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
A senior IT role to support the on-going identification, set-up and delivery of the required services and support processes needed to maintain the Trust’s Microsoft Azure cloud environment
The successful candidate will be a highly skilled and seasoned infrastructure engineer who has strong expertise across a range of infrastructure platforms, primarily Microsoft server environment, Azure, M365, Hyper-V, System Center, SAN, firewalls. The role will involve supporting an environment across multiple locations/workstations spanning Head Office, DR sites, satellite offices/sites and field-based users.
Security and compliance best practice methods ensuring governance of the organisation is developed and maintained is a key component of the role. Actively engaging with key stakeholders and clients within the organisation is required within the role to continually assess, improve, and develop the organisations IT solutions. A self-starter that enjoys working on challenging projects delivering to a high standard within an evolving organisation. You must be eager to further develop your skills and work on cutting edge Microsoft technologies.
1. Responsible for the Trust’s Microsoft Azure environment from both an infrastructure and application context.
2. To deliver day to day support tasks incl; security /threat protection and set-up of new cloud services.
3. To support the on-going knowledge transfer to the wider IT team of the support processes needed to maintain the Trust’s Microsoft Azure cloud environment
4. To ensure that all remaining on-premises email is migrated to M365, migrate Trust file servers to SharePoint and continue the implementation of M365 technologies such as Endpoint.
5. Support the IT Manager for Projects in the training of end users on SharePoint and OneDrive.
6. To deliver the implementation and knowledge transfer of any new cloud services, e.g. HA, DR, scaling, performance management. Setting up replication between Azure Regions for Business Continuity
7. To deliver the ability to troubleshoot as required cloud environments using monitoring and logging tools.
8. To create, execute and document any necessary testing to ensure that the cloud infrastructure design / technical environment meets security, resilience, and performance requirements (technical and functional)
9. To ensure the data protection of all corporate devices and the access security required to support this e.g., Multifactor Authentication.
10. To adhere to Trust IT change management and other relevant governance processes
11. Being able to influence key stakeholders and put forward compelling rationale to support architectural or technical decisions
12. To advise as required on License Management
SCOPE OF ROLE
Deputise for the IT Infrastructure as and when required
Occasional need to support the management of operational budgets and the creation of business cases to support and justify major investments in the platform(s)
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE
The role involves working on a range of interesting and technically challenging projects as well as the running and maintenance of the network and infrastructure. To be considered for this position you should possess the following skills and experience.
• Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Active Directory, Azure AD, M365 and associated technologies.
• Cloud migration – moving both services and associated data from On-Prem to Azure/M365
• Understanding of end-to-end cloud infrastructure solutions and the relevant application overlays
• Good understanding of overall cloud infrastructure delivery lifecycle, supporting methodologies and processes
• Preferably educated to degree level in IT related discipline, however, an HNC/D with relevant experience will be considered. Any relevant MCP/MCSA qualification is desirable; ITIL v3 foundation is desirable.
• Familiarity of scripting and automation technologies, such as Terraform and Ansible.
• Previous experience within an Infrastructure Engineer / 3rd Line Support role – Ideally at least 5 to 8 years’ experience within similar roles
• Good customer service skills and the ability to communicate concisely with users at all levels.
• Good team player with excellent interpersonal and report writing skills and must be able to prioritise issues in a timely manner.
• Resourceful, resilient and ability to take ownership/responsibility for all project management.
• Azure Certification: Solutions Architecture and Security
• Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics Finance Operations and Customer Engagement
• Experience of project delivery with a “DevOps” approach
• Knowledge of business change methods and techniques
• Knowledge and experience of Microsoft’s Power Platform
• Networking experience (CISCO CCNA)
• Application packaging experience
• General understanding of the heritage environment, and the challenges and opportunities of the charity /” not for profit” sector.
The Key Responsibilities, Scope of Job, and Required Qualifications, Skills, Experience & Knowledge reflect the requirements of the job at the time of issue. The Trust reserves the right to amend these with appropriate consultation and/or request the post-holder to undertake any activities that it believes to be reasonable within the broad scope of the job or his/her general abilities.
Interested applicants should forward their CV to Josh Ryder at Head Resourcing firstname.lastname@example.org by 3rd March 2023
Application Deadline: Friday 03/03/2023