IT Systems Technician
Organisation: The Royal Zoological Society of Scotland
Salary: Salary Range: £23,748 - £28,314 Per Annum
Location: Edinburgh Zoo
Undertake designated specialist IT activities across multiple locations, to provide an effective IT service to colleagues, in accordance with agreed service standards, under appropriate guidance and direction, in support of RZSS’ vision and mission. Assist the Head of IT, and other IT staff, as needed in providing a professional service to all employees.
This is a full time, 2 year fixed term position where the working hours a re 37.5 hours per week and weekend and evening working may be required.
Some of the things you’ll do:
* Acts as the primary escalation point for issues escalated from level 1 IT support across the whole Society, demonstrating first-class customer care and service. May, very occasionally, be the only IT resource for the Society (e.g. during sickness, holiday, work commitments elsewhere in the IT team).
* Troubleshoots and resolves level 2 IT issues in a timely and efficient manner, updating ITSM systems as appropriate and keeping the end user informed.
* Where necessary, escalates issues to level 3 staff and/or 3rd party suppliers as appropriate, keeping internal colleagues and end users updated on progress. Monitors escalated tasks through to completion.
* Undertakes 2nd line technical support of the Society’s IT hardware estate (servers, storage, networking, IP-CCTV, desktops, laptops, printers, peripherals, VoIP/PBX telephone).
* Undertakes 2nd line technical support of the Society’s networking and communications infrastructure (Internet, WAN, LAN, VLAN, Wi-Fi etc).
* Undertakes 2nd line technical support for both the Society’s standard IT software provision (Windows, Mac, Office365 etc) and its line of Business specialist systems.
What we’re looking for:
* Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate or equivalent
* An awareness of current trends and issues in IT, data protection and information compliance
* Promotes an excellent customer service ethos
* Ability to communicate technical issues, both verbally and in writing, to a varied user base
* Experience in an IT department providing personal support to users with a range of abilities, including the provision of 1st and 2nd line support.
* Demonstrable technical experience of Microsoft server stack technologies and architectures
For details on how to apply and to see the role profile for further information on what the role involves and essential/desirable criteria, please visit the RZSS Job Opportunities page.
We offer a range of great benefits which can be found at www.rzss.org.uk/about-rzss/staff-benefits
Application Deadline: Sunday 28/11/2021