Organisation: Almond Valley Heritage Centre
Salary: National Living Wage
OVERVIEW OF THE POST
As a key support to the Facilities Manager and Senior Maintenance Assistant, the Maintenance Assistant will engage in a range of tasks connected with the maintenance and upkeep of the site. Allowing the smooth running of the visitor attraction.
INFORMATION ABOUT TEAM
You will form part of the Horticultural Team, lead by the Facilities Manager. The small dedicated growing and landscape team is made up of three, who work to ensure the landscaping and growing cycles are carried out for the site.
SCOPE OF DUTIES
Key Responsibilities, Duties and Objectives
• Undertaking day-to-day landscaping and emenities within the Almond Valley Site including but not limited to:
◦ Mowing, strimming and maintenance of grassed spaces
◦ Maintenance of trees, shrubs and green spaces
◦ Weed-killing (knapsack) in public spaces and pastures
◦ Other minor landscape tasks as required
• Assisting the Produce Grower with horticultural operations as and when needed; such as:
◦ Growing of fruit and vegetables
◦ The flower displays
◦ Both of which may be for the catering side of the business or resale within the onsite shop
• Planting and weeding of the various areas on site
• Litter removal when required
• Demonstrating self motivation, organising, planning and prioritising, along with good time management.
• Undertaking such other reasonable duties as may be required from time to time to ensure the smooth running of the site as required by the Facilities Manager
• To provide a visitor focused service at all times ensuring that all work is completed to the highest standards.
• Represent the Company at all times by being smart in appearance and presentable whilst behaving in an appropriate manner in line with our cultural values.
• Be accountable for their own development seeking out opportunities to learn new skills to continuously improve.
• Work in a responsible and safe manner at all times adhering to Health & Safety, safe working practices and Company Policies and Procedures.
• Such other reasonable duties as and when required by your Line Manager.
• The above list of duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope of the role.
Application Deadline: Wednesday 14/02/2024