Organisation: Glasgow Museums
Salary: £26,546.21 - £30,356.14
£26,546.21 – £30,356.14
Location: 38 Albion Street, G1 1LH
Glasgow Life is looking for a Learning Advisor to join us on a permanent contract working 21 hours per work. As Learning Advisor you will be joining our in-demand Learning and Development Team. You will be part of a dedicated team which supports the delivery of our organisational outcomes by driving a high-performance culture and empowering our people to consistently be the best they can be.
About Glasgow Life
Glasgow Life is the charity which inspires people to lead richer, more active lives through culture and sport. Simply put, we believe that everyone deserves a great Glasgow life. We do this by delivering innovative cultural and sporting programmes and events which improve the mental, physical, and economic well-being of Glasgow. Glasgow Life also creates unforgettable experiences for tourists, strengthening the city’s visitor economy. We help put on world-class events, conferences and festivals which enhance Glasgow’s international reputation. Glasgow is the first city to be named European Capital of Sport twice sport and was also the first place in the UK to be named a UNESCO City of Music.
As a Learning Advisor, you’ll be an integral part of the team by:
• Working closely with colleagues across all levels of the organisation to design, deliver, and evaluate learning interventions through a variety of methodologies, and influence where other/additional interventions might be more suitable.
• Co-ordinating learning and development projects, undertake learning research and compile business reports on a variety of learning matters.
• Providing advice, assistance, and appropriate workplace development to Glasgow Life colleagues.
• Continually developing your professional capability by keeping up to date with new L&D practices, design principles, and research.
The role will reporting to the Learning and Organisational Development Manager and working alongside an established team.
If you’re interested in joining us as a Learning Advisor you’ll need:
• Appropriate Learning & Development Certification (CIPD or equivalent) or equivalent experience
• Proven learning delivery and presentation skills
• Experience of creating and delivering bespoke and innovative L&D interventions
• Evidence of continuing professional development
• A strong team focus and excellent relationship building skills
You can read the full person specification for this role under the ‘Job Attachments’ section.
Some of our roles are currently piloting hybrid working, with teams working between the office and home. Your line manager will agree these days with you. This balance enables you to continue much-needed collaborative working.
Our Albion Street office has great links to public transport.
This role is working 21 hours over three days between Monday and Friday within the hours of 8am to 6pm.
We believe in the transformational power of the programmes and events we provide for the people and visitors of Glasgow. If you would like to be a part of what we do, we’d love to hear from you.
Important Dates: Closing date 19 February and interviews are provisionally scheduled for week commencing 27 February 2023.
Benefits at Glasgow Life
• A holiday allowance of 30 days plus 6.5 public holidays (for full-time roles). This will rise to 35 days after 5 years
• Membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme – which pays 19.3% in employer contributions
• Discounted Glasgow Club membership and money off in our museum shops and online store
• Option to buy extra annual leave
• Cycle-to-work scheme
• Flexible retirement
• Family-friendly policies
Diversity matters at Glasgow Life
We’re determined to reflect the extraordinary diversity of Glasgow in our workforce. Glasgow Life is on a journey to develop a workplace that reflects the communities we serve. Where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work. We’re a Disability Confident and Carer Positive employer and invite candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Read more about our commitment to equality and diversity on our website. https://www.glasgowlife.org.uk/the-small-print/an-inclusive-employer
To apply for this vacancy online please visit Learning Advisor – (Part-Time) – | Glasgow Life | myjobscotland
Closing date is 11.59pm on Sunday 19th February 2023
Information is available in alternative formats, on request.
Application Deadline: Sunday 19/02/2023