Ledgers & Cash Manager
Organisation: The National Trust for Scotland
Salary: £27,144 - £30,023
Location: Hermiston Quay
This role will be responsible for the leadership and management of the Purchase and Cash Ledgers Team.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, the postholder is required to manage and develop the Ledgers and Cash function through motivating and engaging the team to deliver a best in class service to the Trust and by developing and implementing a plan to improve the processes and ways of working to secure a strong position going into the next financial year and beyond.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
As Ledgers and Cash Manager,
• Management of a team of 7, ensuring that they are supported, developed and performance managed in accordance with the HR policies of the Trust to ensure that the functions of the team are delivered efficiently and effectively and members of the team are able to continually improve and develop.
• Management of a high volume and complex purchase ledger.
o Management of supplier queries, ensuring timely resolution
o Management and delegation of PL mail inbox – invoices, statements, queries etc
o Ensuring invoices and credit notes are timeously and accurately processed
o Payment runs are periodic and accurate
o Remittances issued electronically
o Supplier Account Reconciliations
• Management of the Banking and Cash functions across multiple accounts
o Oversee incoming payments from customers ensuring they are processed against invoices issued or that non invoiced income is coded and posted to the correct accounts and done so timeously and correctly
o Ensure all banking processes and procedures are controlled and efficient
o Scope for the improvement and automation of bank processes
o assist with cash and bank data requests for grant applications and at year end
• Management of Customer account reconciliations
o Ensure Trust procedures are applied by the credit controller in the pursuance of outstanding debts including the issue of an aged debt report to the Financial Controller and necessary escalation where required
o Reporting DSO
• Adopt a strong customer service ethos in all Interactions with other departments/properties/Trust members to ensure we provide an excellent level of service.
• Develop, maintain and document appropriate controls and processes across the team, ensuring there are cover plans in place and minimize key person risk.
• Year end audit – play a supporting role to the Financial Controller in collating and providing audit evidence as requested
• Ensure team have the knowledge to support and execute all relative system upgrades and improvements
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
• Develop a suite of reports to measure and monitor KPI’s across the team
o Aged Balances Creditors – Reduction of Debit Balances
o Aged Balances Debtors – Reduce DSO
o Processing times for Invoices and credit notes
o Workload and throughput
o Bank Reconciliations
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
• HNC/HND Level qualified or demonstrably significant and high quality directly relevant experience.
• Demonstrable Experience of managing and developing multi skilled teams in a service delivery function including banking and high volume purchase ledger teams.
• Must be self-motivated with a proactive approach to work, ability to take initiative & identify opportunities and to accept challenges and responsibility and initiate and implement change;
• Focussed on ensuring policies and procedures are followed consistently and that the team are operating these in a compliant and effective manner.
• Strong people management skills, including managing and motivating people through change. Ability to engage team through coaching and guiding to promote their development;
• Strong communication skills and confidence, demonstrating the ability to serve internal customers and external suppliers with courtesy and diplomacy;
• Strong organisational skills, ability to prioritise workload and ensure team deliver to deadlines;
• Good knowledge of VAT invoice requirements with focus to develop VAT knowledge throughout the team;
• Understanding of prepayment and accruals, bank reconciliations and transactional banking processes.
• Ability to work under pressure, managing change and delivering to tight deadlines without compromising accuracy of work;
• MS Dynamics 365 Experience;
• Charity experience
• Knowledge of Credit Control function
• Experience of Automating Banking and Accounts Payable functions
• Experience of systems implementations and Improvements
DIMENSIONS AND SCOPE OF JOB
This post will lead and manage Ledgers Assistants and Finance Assistants to deliver key performance targets. A key aim of the post holder will be to assess the current processes and make recommendations to improve performance and strengthen controls. The individual will be required to develop the team’s technical knowledge and systems understanding. It is imperative that the post-holder is confident in building good relationships with colleagues at all levels within the organization, and also with customers and suppliers. A continuous improvement approach will be required, striving for best practice.
Not a budget holder
The Key Responsibilities, Scope of Job, and Required Qualifications, Skills, Experience & Knowledge reflect the requirements of the job at the time of issue. The Trust reserves the right to amend these with appropriate consultation and/or request the post-holder to undertake any activities that it believes to be reasonable within the broad scope of the job or his/her general abilities.
Application Deadline: Friday 19/11/2021