Organisation: Almond Valley Heritage Centre
Salary: National Living Wage
OVERVIEW OF THE POST
As a key support to the Facilities Manager and Senior Maintenance Assistant, the Maintenance Assistant will engage in a range of tasks connected with the maintenance and upkeep of the site. Allowing the smooth running of the visitor attraction.
INFORMATION ABOUT TEAM
You will form part of the Facilities Team, lead by the Facilities Manager. The small dedicated maintenance and landscape team is made up of four, who work to ensure the maintenance tasks, planned and unplanned are carried out on the site.
SCOPE OF DUTIES
Key Responsibilities, Duties and Objectives
• Undertaking day-to-day maintenance within the Almond Valley Heritage Trust Site to the high standard expected by the Trust, including but not limited to:
◦ Painting (external and internal)
◦ Joinery Work (external and internal)
◦ Fence, Wall and building repairs
◦ General DIY
◦ General site work
◦ Completing planned and reported grounds and general maintenance issues
◦ Working in a safe manner, and recognising, rectifying or reporting any health and safety concerns immediately.
• Ensuring that work undertaken or not completed is appropriately recorded and communicated effectively with line manager as required.
• Demonstrating self motivation, organising, planning and prioritising, along with good time management.
• Undertaking such other reasonable duties as may be required from time to time to ensure the smooth running of the site as required by the maintenance team leader.
• To provide a visitor focused service at all times ensuring that all work is completed to the highest standards.
• Represent the Company at all times by being smart in appearance and presentable whilst behaving in an appropriate manner in line with our cultural values.
• Be accountable for their own development seeking out opportunities to learn new skills to continuously improve.
• Work in a responsible and safe manner at all times adhering to Health & Safety, safe working practices and Company Policies and Procedures.
• Such other reasonable duties as and when required by your Line Manager.
• The above list of duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope of the role.
Application Deadline: Wednesday 14/02/2024