Marketing and Communications Officer
Organisation: Dynamic Earth
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 DOE
Location: Dynamic Earth, Holyrood Road, Edinburgh, EH8 8AS
Dynamic Earth is the UK’s leading earth science engagement charity, with a mission of empowering everyone with understanding and empathy for the Earth. We deliver this mission through our immersive exhibition, incredible 4K planetarium and through our learning and engagement programmes in Edinburgh and nationally across Scotland. We have recently published a new 10-year strategic plan – From Beginning to Mend – with a series of strategic priorities including delivering outstanding science engagement and reaching more people in more ways. It’s an exciting time to join Dynamic Earth and be a part of telling Earth’s epic story – from beginning to mend!
To deliver exceptional, innovative marketing solutions that build our brand and maximise engagement, telling the incredible stories of what happens at Dynamic Earth.
Role Summary – You will play an active and hands-on role in managing and delivering all marketing and communications content for both internal and external use. You’ll have a flair for storytelling, be open to new and innovative concepts and be able to bring ideas to life in an engaging way.
Key Results Areas:
• Support and deliver an exciting and engaging annual marketing and communication plan to meet agreed targets and increase our engagement and visitor numbers.
• Develop annual campaigns, including seasonal and themed campaigns that give our visitors new and exciting reasons to visit.
• Assist with the development of market research and audience segmentation to enable data-led decision making
• Create reports that tell our internal teams how our campaigns are performing and give insights into our channels, audiences and recommendations.
• Working with our media buying agencies and our freelance network to book advertising space, assess and maximise ROI, and keep abreast of new opportunities.
• Support our internal teams with their marketing needs, planning and delivering campaigns and providing advice, guidance and best practice.
• Support the Head of Marketing and Communications to develop and maintain partnerships and collaborations with other businesses and individuals in alignment with our brand values and strategic priorities.
• Work closely with the Digital Media and Content Officer.
• Act as a brand champion, helping to develop exciting and engaging promotional content and assets, ensuring brand consistency for both internal and external audiences. Support in the creation of a suite of assets that our teams can use.
• Support brand development, working with the full marketing team to develop the brand story, our key messages and campaigns and how we position ourselves to visitors.
• Draft and edit communications copy such as newsletter content. Plan and deliver a schedule of regular and campaign-specific email communications to Dynamic Earth’s audiences including monthly newsletters.
• Support the upkeep and development of a Dynamic Earth CRM database, ensuring GDPR compliance, helping to develop the way we keep in touch with our visitors.
Experience and Skills
• Marketing or communications qualification is desirable
• 2 years’ experience in a similar role
• Experience with managing marketing campaigns and brand management
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Excellent planning and organisational skills
• Ability to work with autonomy when needed
• Excellent time management skills, including the ability to effectively prioritise a varied workload
• Experience of creating and delivering engaging, immersive and high-quality content from inception to point of delivery
Hours: Full time (37.5hrs/week), permanent. Standard working hours are 09:00 – 17:30 Monday – Friday. Ad-hoc evening and weekend work will be required to attend and support Dynamic Earth activities.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email a copy of your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Application Deadline: Friday 20/10/2023