Marketing and Events Officer
Organisation: Scottish Crannog Centre
Salary: £25,000 per annum, increasing to £28,000 in April 2024
Location: The Scottish Crannog Centre, Kenmore, Loch Tay, Perthshire, PH15 2HY
This year Scottish Crannog Centre is moving to a new site! We are opening a new museum in Spring 2024, showcasing an Iron Age village, hand-built by our team of craftspeople, apprentices and staff, and a new museum building and café, designed by us for us. As a multi-award-winning museum delivering best practices in visitor experience, we are looking for a dedicated, enthusiastic and caring individual to capture this way of work, and to share it internally and externally, with our communities and growing our audiences.
Our aim is to become a national treasure, loved and admired by all, with social justice at its heart. We believe that everyone should have the same opportunities to be all that they can be. We want to celebrate the differences between us that forge a community, a community of work, in which anyone can actively participate. To work towards creating a society where anyone can express themselves, contribute, be valued, and be happy. To achieve this, we constantly reflect, converse and challenge ourselves to deliver work that matters, has impact, and benefits the diverse communities that the museum serves. We are a Fair Work Employer, a Disability Confident Leader and Young Person’s Guarantee Employer.
Within this aim we deliver a range of engagement events throughout the year with our partners, from music nights, fire rituals, family fun days, sustainability festivals, working with community groups and partners such as the Scottish Storytelling Festival, the UNESCO Chair for Refugee Integration through Languages and the Arts, local schools, reenactment groups and independent craftspeople – who are all part of the family here.
This is not project work, but core to our mission and vision as a museum. We aim to create an organisation where there are a thousand fingerprints and a thousand voices involved in all we do. We currently have 4 strategic partners that we work closely with as part of these aims, learning from them and changing our approaches to best maximise the potential of this work.
The candidate we are looking for must be able to evidence:
– Relevant experience working in event or marketing-related roles.
– Good communication skills and efficiency, working quickly and calmly as part of a team.
– Friendly, confident and able to build a rapport with colleagues, customers and suppliers.
– A Driving License (due to the location of the museum).
– A can-do attitude and ability to take and build on feedback to grow and develop.
– Detail-oriented, high level of organisational skills and able to work to short deadlines with quality outcomes.
– Creativity to design and deliver new and exciting projects.
– Ability to edit and produce film footage and material suitable for promoting the museum.
– Computer literacy and ability to use and interpret social media platforms.
In this role of Marketing and Events Officer you will:
– Lead on developing and implementing a Marketing Strategy that showcases our new museum development throughout 2024, to expand SCC’s reach and potential customer base.
– Design and deliver ambitious event programmes, working alongside the Director of Collections and Engagement.
– Manage our social media channels and respond to visitor enquiries, promote the museum through advertising, and newsletters.
– Work within the relevant GDPR and privacy legislation.
– Influence core work within the museum, developing policies, procedures, and approaches to inclusivity within our new, large-scale development.
– Work with a designated trustee to embed best practices into the organisation.
– Assist with learning – deliver training and outreach, attend conferences and workshops to deliver and promote our way of work internally and externally, and share learning with the sector.
– Support the daily running and tour structure of the museum, delivering interpretation and supporting in other areas as required, especially during the summer season.
– Work flexible hours, including some weekend and evening work as required within the event programme. As a museum that works with the tourist seasons, we work a pattern of extended hours in the summer and shorter hours in the winter.
– Have the option to develop your career further through an apprenticeship opportunity with Museums Galleries Scotland in Digital Marketing.
Please apply with a copy of your CV and a supporting letter outlining your experience to date in this field and why you are the best person for the role to Museum Director Mike Benson. firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions regarding a disability or health concern, please be aware we are a Disability Confident Leader, and will do our very best to support you. If you would like to speak to someone before applying, send an email to Rachel Backshall – email@example.com
Application Deadline: Monday 05/02/2024