Marketing & Communications Manager
Organisation: Eden Scott
Eden Scott is delighted to be working with an Edinburgh based Visitor Attraction, a landmark centre for contemporary art, craft and design built around a leading international tapestry studio.
They occupy an extraordinary building in the heart of Edinburgh, from where they programme, commission and produce exhibitions and events for audiences and clients who share their passion for making and the creative arts.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the organisation in a newly created role of Marketing & Communications Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for increasing the organisations audience for tapestry and commercial activities. You will create and implement press and marketing plans to boost the profile of the centre as a world-renowned tapestry studio, events venue and visitor attraction; manage the website, social media, digital and print communication; obtain necessary consent and provide final approval on all marketing collateral; and, collaborate with all colleagues to develop and maintain deadlines.
Working strategically to meet commercial revenue and audience development targets, you will conduct market research and evaluation; develop pricing and promotional strategies; coordinate and manage marketing partners and identify opportunities to enhance the brand.
Reporting to the Head of Commercial & Operations, the successful candidate will have proven marketing, advertising and communication skills in a commercial or target-driven environment. You will be able to think creatively and analytically, generate content and implement plans effectively to get results. The job is perfect for a candidate with a demonstrable track record of marketing and communications, looking to take their next step and assume a significant level of autonomy and responsibility.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
• Working with the Head of Commercial & Operations to develop and drive a marketing and communications strategy to increase the reach and impact of their work.
• Plan and manage delivery of dynamic, innovative and results-led press and marketing campaigns contributing to the achievement of commercial sales targets and audience development.
• Conduct market research and evaluation, including visitor surveys, and interrogate sales data to identify trends and inform visitor targets plus the audience development strategy.
• Develop promotional strategies for commercial activities including the tapestry studio, venue hire, exhibitions, public programme, shop and café.
• Coordinate and manage marketing partners and identify opportunities to enhance the brand.
• Oversee brand management and promotion to ensure all activities are aligned with aims and objectives and the brand values are adhered to.
• Implement press and marketing campaigns to attract target audiences across exhibition, retail, venue hire and public programme offer, driving footfall and generating ticket sales.
• Write press releases, website copy, social media content, blogs, newsletters, video scripts and other copy to ensure great communications over a range of channels from print to digital that engage, influence and drive profile among key stakeholders.
• Manage the website, devising and implementing digital, online and e-marketing as a core part of exhibition marketing campaigns in the lead up to, and after, they open.
• Drive the use of digital and social media channels to engage audiences and broaden reach.
• Design and develop creative communication and marketing materials – proposals, presentations, sales documents etc.
• Plan and deliver exhibition press events and private views with support from the Exhibition Curator as well as the Commercial and Operations team.
Key skills and experience required:
• Minimum of 3 years marketing and communications experience within a target-led environment, ideally in the retail, events, gallery or arts sector or similar.
This role offers a salary up to £27,000 plus generous holidays of 37 days.
Eden Scott is dealing exclusively with this organisation on this vacancy so to be considered please submit your CV online or email email@example.com
Application Deadline: Friday 27/08/2021