Organisation: The Royal Yacht Britannia
Location: Leith, Edinburgh
We are looking for an exceptional Marketing Manager to join our team. This position presents a rare opportunity to join the team who run The Royal Yacht Britannia, a leading five-star visitor attraction with an outstanding reputation for quality and customer experience, and the team behind our sister ship, Fingal, Scotland’s only luxury floating hotel (Edinburgh’s No.1 hotel on TripAdvisor).
Britannia is an award-winning, five-star visitor attraction and exclusive evening events venue in Edinburgh, which employs more than 160 staff. This former floating palace of Her Majesty The Queen, usually attracts circa 350,000 visitors a year from around the world, and would normally host circa 100 exclusive evening events per annum.
Fingal started life as a lighthouse tender and is now a luxury floating hotel permanently berthed on Edinburgh’s vibrant waterfront. Re-launched in January 2019, it has been transformed into a luxurious 23 cabin boutique hotel, and exclusive use venue by the award-winning team at The Royal Yacht Britannia.
Reporting to the Marketing Director you will be a key member of the Marketing team, helping to develop and implement successful marketing strategies for both ships, as well as deputising in her absence.
Experience in this field is required, preferably gained in a high-quality, luxury tourism and hospitality, or hotel environment. A proven track record in marketing management, including PR, copywriting, advertising, design, website and digital communications is essential.
Key strengths should include: a creative marketing mind and strong communication skills, as well as a positive and flexible approach when managing a busy and varied workload. It is also essential that you are passionate about attention to detail, delivering service excellence, and have a good sense of humour.
As a key member of the Marketing team, you will be responsible for:
– Delivering strategic marketing plans with a positive, flexible approach.
– Developing good working relationships within the Marketing team, and across the organisation.
– Planning and implementing PR and advertising campaigns.
– Managing media and film requirements.
– Creating new and nurturing existing relationships with industry partners.
– Overseeing design and print, and liaising with design and advertising agencies.
– Copywriting for all media, including advertising, promotional print, press releases, website and social media.
– Working closely with tourism agencies, the travel trade, and business organisations.
– Delivering presentations and briefings.
– Developing website and digital communications and social media with the team.
Company benefits include:
– 10% employer pension contribution (no employee contribution).
– 6.6 weeks/33 days pro-rata, annual holiday entitlement.
– Up to one week/5 days pro-rata, long service holiday entitlement.
– Hybrid working opportunities.
– Life Assurance.
– Employee Assistance Programme.
– Performance and loyalty payment scheme.
– Complimentary tickets and staff discount (Britannia and Fingal Hotel).
– Free car parking for staff.
If you feel you have the personality, skills and experience we are looking for then we would love to hear from you.
Please send your CV and a covering letter outlining why we should select you for this role to: email@example.com or postal applications to:
Director of Marketing
The Royal Yacht Britannia
Please provide contact details for two referees.
Closing date: Friday 22 April
No agencies please.
Application Deadline: Friday 22/04/2022