Mercat Tours Storyteller Tour Guide
Organisation: Mercat Tours
Salary: £15.03 pr/hr
New Year, New Job – Join our Mercat Team!
Share your passion for Scotlands past; story by story, step by step.
Your Skills and Strengths;
– Passion for history, culture and Edinburgh!
– Excellent communication skills
– Friendly, energetic and helpful
– Responsible, reliable and trustworthy
– Thrives working in a team
– Adaptable and resourceful
– Passion for high quality product and visitor experience
– Commitment to be the best you can be
– Sense of humour!
Your personal development and training are core to your time with Mercat
– £15.03 pr/hr – REAL Living Wage + for all
– Permanent, secure contracts – no fixed term or ‘zero hour’
– Guaranteed annualised pay
– Flexible working incl WFH and jobshare options
– Fair Work Employer
– Home Office Sponsorship License for Skilled Worker Visa applicants
– Personal development and training plan
– Access to Bike to Work scheme
– Access to ASVA card
– Interest free loans on travel e.g. annual bus pass
– Trained Mental Health First Aiders onsite
– Employee Assistance Programme with 24/7 confidential support for you and your families
– Income Protection Insurance Cover
– Three Team Action Groups to shape company direction and – activity – Wellbeing, Development and Green
– Use of company holiday home in Birnam, Perthshire
– Annual profit-share bonus
A Warm Welcome for Everyone
Mercat Tours promises to provide valued Living Wage jobs and make diversity, equity, and inclusion part of everything we do – from the team we nurture, the visitors we welcome and history we share.
Were responsible for all the choices we make – how we run our business, spend our money and mindful that our team is representative of our visitors. We want to create a sense of belonging for everyone at Mercat and will keep working hard to review and achieve this. Thank you for wanting to be a part of our community.
Purpose and Role;
– Give history a damn good telling
– Deliver authentic, high quality walking tours for our visitors, helping to create memorable moments
– Represent Mercat Tours and our city in a positive, professional manner
– Responsible for visitor safety and security
– Work as a positive, supportive member of our great team
– Help drive the growth of Mercat in a positive, sustainable future as part of our dynamic team
– Permanent role
– Part-time, flexible hours
– Guaranteed hours, approx 15-20hr pr wk
– Shifts vary in length from 2 to 7hrs per day
– Working hours 9am – 10pm
– Working week Monday to Sunday
– 3 month probationary period
– We are a Living Wage employer
We want you to feel comfy, confident and at your best when we meet. Get in touch to help us understand how we can meet your needs and give you a warm welcome.
Stage 1: Successful applicants will be called by for an initial ‘meet the team’ chat by phone
Stage 2: Invitation to an interview and audition where you’ll be asked to tell a story, provided in advance
Stage 3: Successful interviewees will be called for a second audition and storytelling workshop (approximate duration 2.5 hours) date to be confirmed after audition stage.
Stage 4: Successful candidates will be offered a permanent contract with a three-month probationary period. You will receive our award-winning, accredited training to deliver our 5 star visitor experience.
Areas covered in training;
– Initial induction sessions to teach and develop guiding skills
– Storytelling practice with fellow trainees; peer to peer and online
– As skills progress, trainees share tours for the public supported by experienced Storytellers
– Full H&S, fire and first aid procedures
Application Deadline: Friday 12/01/2024