Mercat Tours Support Team
Organisation: Mercat Tours
We have fun, work hard and aim high – to be the best we can be.
As a local, 5 star family business we’ve been giving history a ‘damn good telling’ since 1985. The unique personality of our team shines through everything we do and guarantees a warm welcome and memorable experience for our visitors.
Our multiple awards and reputation recognise our desire to give the best quality experience – for our visitors, our team and local community.
We’re looking for lively, confident people to join our fantastic Support Team. We’re looking for those who will take pleasure in welcoming visitors to our beautiful city, take pride in giving a 5 star experience and will thrive with our great team.
– Provide visitors a 5 star warm welcome and farewell
– Advise and assist visitor’s choice of tour
– Promote and process visitor and trade sales
– Maintain our historic site ensuring 5 star experience throughout
– Represent Mercat Tours in a positive, professional manner outdoors at the Mercat -Cross and indoors at 28 Blair Street
– Deliver authentic, high quality experience for our visitors, helping to create memorable moments
– Work as a positive, supportive member of our great team
– Passion for history, culture and Edinburgh!
– Excellent communication skills
– Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office
– Positive and proactive approach to problem solving
– Attention to detail, cash handling and record keeping
– Communicate, support and work with Storytelling team to ensure a first class, visitor focused experience
– Collaborate and support Operations team to maximise efficiencies
– Friendly, energetic and helpful
– Part-time and full time roles available, minimum 14hrs per week guaranteed
– Shifts vary in length from 4.5 to 7hrs per day
– Operating hours 9am – 11pm
– Working week Monday to Sunday
– 3 month probationary period
– We are a Living Wage employer offering £9.50 p/hr
– Your personal development and training is core to your time with Mercat
– Living Wage employer
– Bike to work scheme
– Access to ASVA card
– Company holiday home
– Annual discretionary bonus
Stage 1; Successful applicants will be called for an initial ‘meet the team’ chat
Stage 2: A 10min online interview with 3 individual members of our team
Stage 3: Successful candidates will be offered a permanent contract with a three-month probationary period. You will receive our award-winning, accredited training to deliver our 5 star visitor experience.
𝐀𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐬 𝐜𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠;
– Product knowledge
– Customer care
– Full H&S, fire and first aid procedures
Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 4th June
– Application form
– Covering letter (optional)
– 30sec max video – tell us about yourself and why you want to join our Mercat Support Team (youtube link preferred)
Please note the terms to apply – without both the application form and video your application will not be considered
We’re sorry but due to limited resource and anticipated demand, only successful candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline: Tuesday 04/05/2021