Organisation: Eden Scott
Salary: £34,745 to £37,430 plus car use allowance of £3,800pa
Eden Scott is delighted to be working with the National Trust for Scotland, a charity established in 1931, to provide access and enjoyment to the properties, places and collections in its care. They also exist to protect what they look after for future generations to enjoy; and increasingly they are keen to act as a strong conservation voice for heritage and climate change response across Scotland.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the team at the Trust in the role of Merchandise Manager, the successful candidate will take on a pivotal role within the retail team and will play a crucial role in supporting the Trust’s recovery and future growth.
This role can offer a flexible working base, either out of their Edinburgh headquarters or the role can be home based anywhere in Scotland. Travel will be required to the Edinburgh headquarters and the Trust’s properties as required.
Reporting into the Head of Merchandise and Retail, this role will develop effective and flexible stock management solutions for the Trust’s retail products whilst ensuring that sales and profit are maximised through retail sites or the online shop and direct marketing channels.
The role has responsibility for managing the supply and distribution of retail products/services across the Trust’s portfolio and for the effective management of cost prices, distribution costs, inventory levels and supplier management.
The role is responsible for ensuring trading and business intelligence is generated and maintained through the Trust’s stock management systems, providing insight to the wider organisation on its trading operation.
The Merchandise Manager will work in partnership with the Product Managers to ensure that buying and stock management is controlled and cost effective and based on qualitative sales and stock analysis and trends. Ensuring retail policies and procedures are kept up to date will be crucial to this role.
Key responsibilities of the role:
• Stock/Inventory Management
• Trading and Business Analysis
• Financial Management/Planning
• Policy and Procedure
Key skills and experience required:
Experience/Essential requirements for this role
• Proactive and results-orientated with a proven successful track record of managing stock within a fast- moving multi-site retail environment
• Demonstrable experience of effective supply chain management, procurement, and inventory supply
• Broad and deep experience of EPOS and stock management systems
• Strong analytical skills and ability to interpret business, financial and trading data, and trends
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and influencing skills
• Experience in dealing with a wide range of geographically dispersed staff, suppliers, and other stakeholders
• Advanced user of Microsoft Office products (including MS Excel)
• Demonstrable experience of detailed financial management taking responsibility for the profit and loss of products and ranges
• Demonstrable advanced problem-solving skills with the ability to think creatively to generate practical solutions to complex problems
• High levels of numeracy and accuracy while working with complex data sets
• Highly developed communication and influencing skills
• Ability to maintain team ethic and apply focus on agreed collective national strategy
• Proven experience of planning and prioritising competing demands on time
• Driving License, valid for driving within the UK
• Experience in a retail multi-site environment on a national scale
• Experience of retail operations within Visitor Attraction environment
• Have a broad knowledge of the geography of Scotland
This role offers an excellent competitive salary within a range of £34,745 to £37,430 plus car use allowance of £3,800pa and significant company benefits.
Eden Scott are dealing exclusively with the Trust on this vacancy so to be considered for this exciting opportunity with a truly unique and best in class employer, please submit your CV online clearly stating salary expectation or to email@example.com and for an informal chat or to receive the full job description please email or call Sally on 07776 662506.
Closing date for applications 5.00pm Monday 23rd August 2021.
Application Deadline: Monday 23/08/2021