Office & Membership Services Manager
Organisation: Scottish Fisheries Museum Trust
Salary: Circa £22,000.00 per annum
Main Activities & Responsibilities
The Office and Membership Services Manager will be responsible for all aspects of office management and will address the following activities:
• Ensure the smooth and efficient running of all office procedures including dealing directly with a wide range of people and be the hub for staff, volunteers, Board Members, suppliers, and customers.
• Receive mail and distribute to relevant staff.
• Answer telephones and deal with email enquiries
• Maintain office diary and coordinate bookings and room hire.
• Liaise with managers to coordinate group bookings and educational visits.
• Maintain Health & Safety records
• Administer Museum Membership records, payments, cards, and mailings.
• Maintain staff, volunteer contact details and HR records
• Maintain display of Museum customer information posters
• Maintain office filing system.
• Collate monthly visitor statistics and SPI figures.
Financial & Payroll Administration
The Office and Membership Services Manager will be responsible for all aspects of financial administration to include the following activities.
• Processing of supplier invoices following agreed processes and posting on Xero accounting system
• Payment of invoices following authorisation for payment.
• Providing all financial paperwork for monthly returns to accountants
• Processing of daily takings and preparation of banking
• Prepare and process gift aid claims
• Balance/order/manage petty cash and change requirements.
• Prepare Museum invoices to external customers and track payments.
• Prepare monthly payroll details and deliver information to accountants for payment to staff by 25th of each month.
• Maintain staff holiday records and coordinate with management team.
HSE & General
The Office and Membership Services Manager will play an active role combined with the Museum management team in maintaining the following.
• Fire Evacuation procedures, equipment, and signage
• General working environments in relation to tidiness and hygiene
• First Aid training and Accident reporting
• Point of contact for external contractors.
• Personal safety
• Data Protection in line with GDPR regulations
• CCTV monitoring in line with regulations.
This job description is a broad picture of the post at the date of preparation. It is not an exhaustive list of all possible duties, and it is recognised that jobs change and evolve over time.
Application Deadline: Monday 23/05/2022