Operations Manager, Angus Cluster/North-East Scotland
Organisation: Eden Scott
Salary: £35,023 to £38,738 per annum and a car allowance of £3,800pa
Eden Scott is delighted to be working with the National Trust for Scotland, a charity established in 1931, to provide access and enjoyment to the properties, places and collections in its care. They also exist to protect what they look after for future generations to enjoy; and increasingly they are keen to act as a strong conservation voice for heritage and climate change response across Scotland.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the team at the Trust as Operations Manager, Angus Cluster/North-East Scotland.
This is a visible and senior management role where the post holder will be responsible for the development of the properties business planning processes to present effective and accountable business plans which underpin the properties financial performances, visitor experience, conservation delivery, reputation and maintenance.
The Angus Cluster includes the Properties of House of Dun, JM Barrie’s Birthplace, and Barry Mill.
With stunning vistas overlooking Montrose Basin and set amid glorious gardens and woodland, House of Dun is every inch the perfect 18th-century laird’s home – and a fantastic day out for all the family. In contrast, J M Barrie, creator of Peter Pan, spent his childhood in a small whitewashed cottage, and it’s here that you can see traces of the creative spirit he was set to become, alongside an exhibition which tells the story of his life and work. The final property is peaceful Barry Mill, now one of only a handful of mills powered by water. Rebuilt after a fire around 1814, it is probably the largest and finest example of its type still in operation.
Following a major redevelopment of House of Dun in 2021, The Operations Manager will be constantly and consistently leading the development of visitor services excellence, commercial and enterprising activity and change, ensuring place and content is engaging through interpretation and services and is the general custodian of its conservation and educational obligations.
Key responsibilities of the role:
• Enterprise and trading
• People Management
• Promoting Heritage
• Marketing, Membership and Supporter Development
• Financial Management, Compliance and Scheme of
• Project Management
• Health, Safety and the Environment
• Strategic Development of the NTS
• Championing and Advocacy/Stakeholder Engagement
Key skills and experience required:
• Extensive experience in operational management of a large-scale visitor attraction or multi-site experience
• Direct experience of property management where customer services and trading are primary features (e.g. retailing, hospitality, foods, and leisure).
• Responsibility for operating revenue budgets.
• Significant team management, mentoring, facilitating and coaching experience. Formal operational management training within services environment desirable.
• Demonstrable experience of business development and business planning, notably: revenue development, partnerships and affinities, new trading, concept development, change management.
• Project management.
• Effective stakeholder management experience, notable examples: media, local government, community
• Line management experience of staff groups, including supervisory staff.
• Demonstrable experience of managing Health and Safety in the work place; formal training or personal development in this area desirable.
• A full, clean driving license for driving the UK essential.
This role offers an excellent competitive salary within a range of £35,023 to £38,738 per annum with significant company benefits including a car allowance of £3,800pa.
Eden Scott are dealing exclusively with the Trust on this vacancy so to be considered for this exciting opportunity with a truly unique and best in class employer, please submit your CV online or to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: Saturday 30/04/2022