Operations Manager - The Great Tapestry of Scotland
Organisation: Eden Scott
Salary: Up to £30,500
Eden Scott is delighted to be working in partnership with The Great Tapestry of Scotland located in Galashiels in the Scottish Borders.
The visitor centre opened in August 2021 and exhibits the world’s largest tapestry consisting of 160 hand-stitched panels created by 1,000 stitchers and illustrating Scottish history from 8,500 BC. Andrew Crummy was the artist who created the original designs for the panels and the founding trustees realized and developed the project to what it is today.
This new visitor attraction has high ambitions for attracting new and repeat visitors. The architecture and the change in the landscape of Galashiels is significant and energizing. As a new visitor experience, it will provide a remarkable opportunity for visitors to see 12,000 years of Scottish history illustrated through tapestry whilst offering a café, retail shop and events space.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the team at the Museum in a newly created role of Operations Manager, this is a visible and senior management role where you will manage a team of Visitor Officers focused on delivering an enriching visitor experience with first class customer service and is a unique and exciting opportunity to be part of something nationally significant that will bring visitors from across the world to the Borders.
The role will be focussed on the drive for income and footfall by maximizing the potential of the Great Tapestry of Scotland. In addition, the post holder will maintain and increase efficiencies by overseeing organisational activities of the business in a variety of areas to include finance and IT, as well as human resources in the supervision, hiring and training of employees, manage quality assurance programs and process improvements.
• Lead, motivate, and support a team of 12 within a time-sensitive and demanding environment to deliver a quality visitor experience,
• Develop, implement, and maintain quality assurance processes
• Ensure operational activities remain on time and within a defined budget
• Track staffing requirements, hiring new employees as needed
• Develop and manage a volunteer’s team strategy.
• Work closely with legal and safety departments to make sure activities remain compliant
• Conduct budget reviews and report cost plans to management
Key skills and experience required:
Ideally, you will be a natural leader, confident, with excellent communication skills and have a CV that demonstrates the ability to lead, motivate and inspire the team to take pride in their roles, as well as developing multiple revenue streams to drive the business forward.
• Experience in management of paid visitor attraction or leisure environment with multi-purpose income streams
• 2+ years’ proven experience in an operations management position
• Experience in managing catering and retail operations in a paid visitor attraction.
• Ability to be a good team leader and have well developed interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships
• Experience in developing and increasing income
• Experience of delivering services that are compliant with health and safety
• Driving licence and own car
Salary up to £30,500 with company benefits.
Eden Scott is dealing exclusively with this client on this vacancy so to be considered for this exciting opportunity please submit your CV online or for an informal chat or to receive the full role information pack and job description please call Sally on 07776 662506.
Application Deadline: Tuesday 30/11/2021