Organisation: Live Borders
Salary: £28138 - £31264
Post Title: Operations Manager
Directorate: Managed Services – Heart of Hawick
Reporting to: Director of Commercial Services
Responsible for the successful delivery and operational management of the multi-function Tower Mill facility which includes cinema/theatre, café and business units, to drive income, sustainability and participation increases in line with the Live Borders’ Strategy in accordance with best industry practice and compliance with appropriate legislation.
1. Responsible for day to day operation of Tower Mill
2. Responsible for the operational management and development of the team based at Tower Mill
3. Deliver the development and business plan for Tower Mill supporting a high quality, diverse and sustainable programme of activities and events
4. Work collaboratively to co-ordinate activities across the Heart of Hawick campus (Heritage Hub, Border Textile Towerhouse and outdoor space)
5. Work with internal and external stakeholders to identify opportunities for programming, venue development to increase participation in a wide range of cultural activity, grow audiences and income
6. Actively contribute to product and service development goals
7. Locally champion new product or service development on site, from innovation through to successful implementation
8. Collate and analyse business data pertaining to all Tower Mill activities and report regular on performance and service improvements.
9. Develop, implement and maintain quality assurance protocols
10. Ensure that Tower Mill meets the health and safety standards established by Live Borders, including risk assessment, building operating procedures, food hygiene and other compliance
11. Monitor and manage, with support, relationship and contracts with tenants in the business spaces and meeting rooms
12. Manage external Service Level Agreements, developing appropriate Key Performance Indictors to manage and monitor
13. Participate in the budget setting process, manage and monitor allocated budget working within Live Borders financial regulations and procedures
14. Manage and co-ordinate the team, including setting standards of performance and work targets, and providing guidance, support and training as required
15. Undertake a full range of line management responsibilities including recruitment, induction, appraisal, training and development, absence management, performance, discipline and grievance
16. Represent Live Borders internally and externally e.g. at networking events, meetings, conferences and exhibitions to enhance and strengthen the Live Borders’ profile
17. Comply with, and ensure compliance with, all Live Borders policies and procedures
18. Promote equal opportunities in service delivery and management of staff
19. As an employee you must take reasonable care for the health and safety of yourself, other employees and anyone else who may be affected by your work activities carried out. Employees shall work in accordance with policies, procedures, information, instructions and / or training received.
This job description is indicative of the nature and level of responsibility associated with the job. It is not exhaustive and there may be a requirement to undertake such other duties as may be required to meet the needs of the Service or Live Borders
Requirement to work out of hours and weekends – occasionally . The facility is open from early morning to late evening, therefore you should be prepared to address any emergency situations should they arise.
Requirement for PVG/Disclosure check – no
Note: the salary/pay of all posts within Live Borders will be subject to a further review and evaluation.
Application Deadline: Friday 21/01/2022