Organisation: The Glenturret Distillery
Salary: Up to £35,000 dependent on experience
Location: Crieff. Perthshire
The Operations Manager leads on The Visitor Experience, Retail and Event Management at The Glenturret Distillery and is responsible for:
1. Delivering an excellent standard of customer service and presenting The Glenturret Distillery to the highest possible standards.
2. Managing the day-to-day operations onsite, team resource and ensuring budgets are met.
3. Managing Admissions, Retail and Events budgets and achieving commercial targets.
4. Managing and developing all teams to consistently provide a 5-star visitor experience in line with Visit Scotland criteria.
Key Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
The Operations Manager is a key member of the Senior Management Team and has a major role to play in maximising and growing the sales potential from Admissions, Retail and Events. A vital contribution will be made by:
1. Leading and motivating the teams to deliver world-class, 5-star standards of visitor experience, care, safety, security, and buildings presentation.
2. Ensuring all visitors are welcomed by friendly engaging and knowledgeable staff, helping those visitors appropriate to their individual needs.
3. Overseeing the recruitment, training, and development of the teams to ensure the delivery of services is of exceptional standard.
4. The preparation and control of the Admissions, Retail and Events operations budgets and to ensure proper control and administration of financial and accounting systems within the business.
5. Work collaboratively with all Glenturret Departments.
6. Overseeing the 2 weekly staffing rosters to ensure staffing meets operational needs and within budget.
7. Working towards nationally recognised standards in visitor services and develop external benchmarking opportunities.
8. Continue to develop a culture of customer interaction which is based on the development of a customer relationship, maximising the potential in each transaction.
9. Taking responsibility for ensuring data and transactions are accurately captured through our EPOS system to inform Management reporting requirements.
10. Continue to develop the quality and depth of visitor experience and visitor engagement.
KPI’S – Reporting and Performance Measures
• Visit Scotland Evaluation
• Visitor/Customer Feedback
• KPI Budget Reports
• Creative and innovative approach to work.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Excellent organisational skills with the ability to support and
direct others to achieve similar levels of organisation.
• Demonstrative ability to be an excellent line manager,
supporting, directing and coaching staff to their full
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability
to liaise effectively.
• Knowledge, understanding and experience of delivering
successful strategic and operational strategies.
To apply for this position please send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Start date – 1st October.
Salary up to £35,000 dependent on experience.
Application Deadline: Friday 20/08/2021