Operations Team Leader
Organisation: Almond Valley Heritage Centre
To effectively manage day-to-day visitor operations at Almond Valley, leading the front-line staff teams responsible for visitor services and housekeeping, and putting everything in place to ensure that everyone enjoys a brilliant day out
Responsible for the planning and management of daily operations; anticipating likely visitor demand, based on factors such as bookings, holidays, and weather, and then rostering staff and timetabling resources to match requirements. Monitoring and maintaining standards of service, safety, and cleanliness and maintaining appropriate records. Anticipating visitor needs and responding effectively to all eventualities
• To roster, supervise, and support our front-of-house and housekeeping staff and promote an effective, flexible and friendly team
• To monitor all parts of the visitor experience throughout the day, ensure that everything is as it should be, pre-empting problems, and solving any issues that might arise. To ensure that inspections are properly carried out and recorded, and all necessary action is taken to ensure safe and satisfactory operation.
• To direct and to contribute towards all front of house operations at reception, ensuring that every visitor receives a friendly welcome, clear information, and an efficient response to all queries
• To direct and coordinate cleaning and tidy team staff
• To respond to routine visitor enquiries or concerns received by phone, e-mail or social media. To undertake or oversee the processing of bookings, on-line ticketing, management of annual passes and related administration
• To undertake or oversee cash handling and the counting of tills, and associated record-keeping
• To attend to appropriate messaging to visitors though temporary signage, e-boards, social media and website. To coordinate daily timetables of visitors activities and respond to any changes necessary.
• To oversee operation of the gift shop, along with associated purchasing, merchandising and stock control
• To contribute to broader administration and marketing activities as capacity permits out-of-season
• To work with the Operations Manager in developing procedures and standards of service, and in the training and development of your team
• As part of the team at Almond Valley, to contribute inspiration, energy and good ideas to the continued improvement of every aspect of our visitor operations.
• To serve, by rota or other arrangement, as Responsible Officer, in daily charge of operation as a visitor facility and responding to all eventualities.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
You will be comfortable and competent in overseeing the operation of a popular family-based visitor attraction. The necessary skills and experience are likely to have been gained through service in the attractions, events or hospitality sectors, or in other environments where delivering happy experiences and satisfied customers come as second nature.
You will have well developed customer care skills, knowing what it takes to keep our visitors happy, and having the patience, presence, and initiative to help fix things should they go wrong. You’ll have an affinity with the children and families that make up most of our audience
You will be confident in leading a team, ensuring that standards are met and remedial action is taken when necessary, but also supporting and mentoring, and looking-out for your team. You’ll lead by example, accept responsibility, and command respect
You’ll be a quick-thinker with a cool head and a knack for finding practical solutions. Also good with words when responding to written enquiries
You’ll be digitally literate and comfortable in the use of software and tools associated with booking, ticketing, EPOS and other activities. You’ll be methodical and good with numbers
The post is based at Almond Valley. We work a 40 hour week, normally 9-5, working five days out of seven which will include a good proportion of weekends. Hours can vary to suit the needs of the business and may include some coverage of out-of-hours events
The Operations Team Leader will report to, and work closely with, the Operations Manager to deliver
brilliant days out, great events, and happy visitors
Application Deadline: Tuesday 14/02/2023