Organisation: The Royal Zoological Society of Scotland
Salary: £20,653 - £23,732 Per Annum
Location: Edinburgh Zoo
To undertake designated activities, related to your trade, for the maintenance and refurbishment of all buildings, facilities and infrastructure owned by the RZSS; to ensure that all areas of the site are safe and well presented for our visitors and in accordance with agreed service standards and in a cost-effective manner, in support of RZSS’ mission and vision
Some of the things you’ll do:
* Take the day-to-day lead to ensure all assigned repairs and projects are delivered effectively, safely, on time and to budget and recommend cost-effective opportunities to minimise the impact of its operations on the environment.
* Undertake all forms of painting works (e.g. interior/exterior, wallpapering, pre-treatment works, sign writing, road marking including enclosures) and be able to take the lead on projects including measuring up for materials and planning the works with minimal supervision.
* Ensure all buildings and street furniture is inspected, maintained and documented to meet relevant legislation and best practice standards at all times.
* Maintain a consolidated stock list of all materials, and order supplies required for the daily operation of your activity according to the formal procedures set down by RZSS, maximising value for money.
* Maintain all relevant record systems, inspections and testing in line with legislation for park and building and infrastructure.
What we’re looking for:
* Relevant City and Guilds certification or S/NVQ Level 3
* Up-to-date knowledge and understanding of basic building related H&S legislation.
* Working knowledge of the risk assessment processes.
* Trained and competent on all paint finishes and timber treatments.
Please see the role profile for further information on what the role involves and essential/desirable criteria.
We offer a range of great benefits which can be found at www.rzss.org.uk/about-rzss/staff-benefits
Application Deadline: Thursday 07/10/2021