Part time Bookkeeper – split role for two businesses (flexible hours)
Organisation: Skaill House
Salary: £10 – 15 an hour
Location: Remote or Skaill House, Orkney KW16 3LR or Ardross, Ross-shire IV17 0XP
Breckness Estate has a diverse number of enterprises including tenanted farms, self-catering holiday accommodation and Skaill House a Grade “A” listed early 17th century mansion house, built by Bishop George Graham, which has been open to the public as a visitor attraction since 1997.
Binscarth Farm is a livestock farm producing beef and lamb. It also includes tenanted cottages and other commercial income streams.
The successful candidate will provide the necessary support to ensure that all aspects of payroll, accountancy input and bank reconciliations are met. Specifically, this will include:
• Processing of purchase and sales invoices
• Payment of invoices in QuickBooks and through online banking
• Running of payroll, pension schedules and payments through Nest, P32 monthly payments and processing through QuickBooks.
• Processing of bank transactions in QuickBooks and reconciling bank at end of each month
• Reconciliation of petty cash account in QuickBooks
• Entering sales receipts from Paypal and Stripe into QBs, and reconciling at end of each vat quarter
• Producing management accounts and reports at the end of the month
• Updating budget spreadsheet following end of each month
• Producing journals needed for any alterations in Quick Books
• Running vat checks and submitting at end of each quarter
• Management of shop stock in QuickBooks, movement of stock into expenses account at end of each month
To succeed in this role, you will be a hands-on Bookkeeper with the following skills and experience:
• A working knowledge of QuickBooks is required.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite.
• Good time management and prioritisation skills.
• Can communicate confidently in writing, in person and by telephone.
• Is numerate and able to analyse data, delivering results in various reports.
• Pays attention to details, spots discrepancies and missing information.
• Able to work on own initiative and in a team environment.
• Must have a positive and flexible attitude.
Hours – one full day per week (up to 8 hours)
Shift & schedule – Flexible
Please send across your CV with a covering note and your hourly rate to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: Sunday 21/05/2023