Part Time Visitor Assistant and Evening Guide
Organisation: The Royal Yacht Britannia
Salary: £11.25 per hour
Hours: Days available will range from 3 – 5 days per week and will include weekends. Daily shifts will be from 5 – 8 hours per day.
Pay: £11.25 per hour
The Royal Yacht Britannia is an award-winning, five-star visitor attraction and exclusive evening events venue in Edinburgh, which employs more than 160 staff. This former floating palace of Queen Elizabeth II, usually attracts circa 350,000 visitors a year from around the world, and hosts circa 100 exclusive evening events per annum.
Britannia provides an exceptional experience for visitors. This dedication to excellence has led to the Royal Yacht being rated as Best UK Attraction (Which magazine readers) as well as being Tripadvisor’s Travellers’ Choice Best of the Best award winner, and the top 1% in the world in its category.
Company benefits include:
– 10% employer pension contribution (no employee contribution)
– 33 days pro-rata annual holiday entitlement
– Enhanced long service holiday entitlement
– Life Assurance
– Performance and loyalty payment scheme
– Complimentary tickets
– Staff discount in the Gift Shop, Royal Deck Tea Room & The Lighthouse Bar aboard Fingal
– Free car parking for staff
– Uniform provided
– Full training
Our Visitor Experience department is now looking for a Part Time Visitor Assistant & Evening Guide who is enthusiastic, with a smart appearance, excellent communication skills and a passion for exceptional customer care.
The job is based in our Visitor Centre and on board Britannia. The position can be physically demanding as you will be standing throughout the duration of your shift.
– Providing a warm welcome to visitors
– Interacting with visitors throughout their tour
– Helping visitors use their audio handset
– Assisting with queue management
Work as a guide at Britannia’s exclusive evening events and private tours (£40 per event)
– Any other Visitor Assistant duties as required
– If you feel you have the personality, skills and experience we are looking for, then we would love to hear from you.
To apply, please send your CV and a short covering letter to email@example.com for the attention of Colin Purnell, Visitor Experience Manager.
Closing date: 20th August 2023
No agencies please.