Organisation: St Giles’ Cathedral
Salary: £22,500 p.a. pro rata
Location: St Giles' Cathedral Edinburgh
St Giles’ currently employs 28 staff in a combination of full time and part time conditions. The payroll clerk, reporting directly to the Finance Manager, would be responsible for the accurate preparation of the associated payroll records.
• Maintaining payroll information by collating timesheets and entering data.
• Updating payroll records by entering any changes to employee records such as title, personal information, student loan and tax code changes.
• Preparing reports that include summaries of earnings, PAYE & NIC deductions.
• Calculating payroll liabilities updating P32 records.
• Processing First Aid payments, monitoring and arranging First Aid courses.
• Pension assessments monthly for each employee.
• Calculating holiday leave, maintaining holiday records and absence records.
• Resolving staff enquiries and liaising with management.
• Processing starters and leavers.
• Scanning payroll documents and saving to SharePoint.
• Submit reports to the Finance Manager.
• Ad hoc duties as required.
Specific skills required:
• Sage and Sage Pay
• Microsoft Office
• Able to work as part of a team
• Reliable and punctual
• Good attention to detail
The successful candidate will also be required to undertake screening for Disclosure Scotland, which process will be arranged and funded by St Giles’.
Application Deadline: Thursday 30/11/2023