Personal Assistant to the Chief Operating Officer
Organisation: National Galleries of Scotland
Salary: £25,350 - £27,687 per annum pro-rated
The Chief Operating Officer is a member of the NGS Leadership Team with the responsibility of overseeing Finance, HR, Visitor Services, Security, IT, Estates, Procurement and Health & Safety.
The Chief Operating Officer has a central role in delivering our ambitious plans to raise our profile and to become relevant to new and more diverse audiences in Scotland and across the world.
The main purpose of the post of Personal Assistant is to assist the Chief Operating Officer in the exercise of his duties and responsibilities, helping to plan and fulfil his daily programme. The post is based at Gallery of Modern Art Two, Belford Road, Edinburgh.
The Personal Assistant will require a high level of interpersonal skills, tact and diplomacy. The postholder is often the first point of contact for callers and as such is required to be well informed, helpful and efficient. They will take decisions, within guidelines given by the Chief Operating Officer, on priorities in carrying out duties and will solve problems arising within the daily routine. The ability to work under high levels of pressure, flexibility and professionalism are essential along with the ability to communicate with a wide variety of contacts.
The postholder reports to the Chief Operating Officer and will work closely with the Chief Operating Officer’s team. The postholder is responsible for providing direct support in planning and implementing the duties of the Chief Operating Officer and effectively managing his diary and email requests for response:
Effective management of the Chief Operating Officer’s office:
• Managing correspondence:
• Reviewing and prioritising daily /email and identifying actions for the Chief Operating Officer (COO) and, if required, other members of the Chief Operating Office Leadership Team.
• Actioning routine correspondence on behalf of the Chief Operating Officer without supervision.
• Managing the Chief Operating Officer’s diary.
• Taking/making telephone calls on behalf of the Chief Operating Officer.
• Organisation of travel arrangements for all in the Chief Operating Office Leadership Team.
• Meeting and greeting guests and organising hospitality.
• Setting up meetings, confirming the agenda and ensuring papers are submitted on time, taking responsibility to monitor deadlines for the Chief Operating Officer.
• Report writing and support – ensuring sections of reports are prepared on time by the relevant parties. Then consolidate those reports into the combined update reports.
• Supporting the Chief Operating Office across a range of projects, including tracking actions, report writing, report input co-ordination, setting up project meetings and carrying out research to help develop the project plans and scope
• Potential to manage small projects from initiation to completion
• Facilitating good communications within the Chief Operating Office and with our stakeholders in other departments.
• Setting up and co-ordinating the quarterly Chief Operating Office call.
• Assisting with the organisation of events and meetings.
• Facilitating the Chief Operating Officer’s communication and meetings with a range of external contacts.
• Co-ordination and preparation of meetings, attending and taking minutes where required.
• Administration support for the COO Leadership Team as appropriate.
• Any other duties appropriate to the post.
Application Deadline: Tuesday 17/05/2022