Precinct Attendant Permanent
Organisation: National Galleries of Scotland
Salary: £19976 Pro rata
Sunday Monday Tuesday with an alternating Wednesday, averaging 26.25 hours per week, 7.45 – 16.15 each day.
The Precinct Attendant is responsible for safely managing vehicle access and egress outdoors on the Mound Precinct while providing security and helping visitors to the Galleries. The role involves maintaining accurate records and interacting with contractors and tradespeople in accordance with daily schedules.
The holder of the post is responsible to the Day Supervisor of the Gallery. Personal Protective Equipment will be provided.
1. Exercise control over vehicles entering and leaving the Mound Precinct
2. Supervision of contractors and trades people on the Mound Precinct
3. Staffing fixed duty or access points including searching incoming baggage or containers as necessary.
4. Maintain accurate records
5. Providing a high standard of visitor care, maintaining a professional front and being the public face of the National Galleries. Welcoming and assisting visitors.
6. Assisting the public in emergency situations.
7. Supervision of members of the public to ensure the safety of the collections and regulation of those failing to comply with the Gallery’s conditions of entry.
8. Light cleaning and portering duties.
9. Adherence to Health and Safety guidelines.
10. To be proactive in keeping up to date with NGS exhibitions, events and displays and to engage with the public on these, whilst also remaining vigilant.
Application Deadline: Sunday 28/11/2021