Private Dining Head Waiter
Organisation: The Royal Yacht Britannia
Hours: Full time
Pay: Competitive salary
The Royal Yacht Britannia is an award-winning five-star visitor attraction and exclusive events venue in Edinburgh. The 150-strong team on board is committed to delivering the same standards of excellence expected when Britannia was in service.
We are now looking for a Private Dining Head Waiter to join us in delivering outstanding event experiences. This is a key role within Britannia’s Hospitality and Events team. You will be an enthusiastic candidate with a strong background within a luxury hospitality venue.
You will be able to lead and motivate a team while maintaining Britannia’s high standards of customer service. You must have an innovative and fresh approach to both wine and cuisine and be able to demonstrate exemplary service skills.
You will work closely with the Food & Beverage Manager and Executive Chef in the development and approval of menus and wines, with an aim to maximise Event Food & Beverage revenue. You will be equally passionate about ensuring the very highest standards of hospitality and making sure that our event guests have a memorable visit.
Your key strengths will include: natural leadership, proven operational and service skills at the highest level, and a good sense of humour when the going gets tough.
It is imperative that the successful candidate has previous experience in banqueting including managing events for up to 500 people.
The successful candidate will also work on board Fingal, Britannia’s sister ship and a luxury floating hotel.
As our Private Dining Head Waiter duties are likely to include, but not limited to:
– Preparing the banqueting rooms to set standards prior to service, ensuring all mise en place is fully prepared.
– Support, guide and mentor crew members efficiently and effectively.
– Carry out daily schedules and organising banqueting crew as required.
– Deliver friendly, outstanding customer service and to create a warm and welcoming atmosphere for all guests, anticipating their needs, so as to leave them with a memorable events experience.
– Ensure you understand all menu offerings and wines being served and you are up to date with your knowledge of current trends.
Our ideal candidate:
– Previous banqueting experience in a similar luxury environment.
– Demonstrable experience of managing staff and organising rota schedules.
– Extensive experience in managing lunch, dinners, conferences and weddings on a large scale.
– Setting up bars, beverage dispense with strong stock control.
– Accountable for delivering exceptional customer service at all times.
– Food hygiene certification.
– HND or equivalent in Food Service or Customer Service desirable.
– Excellent interpersonal skills.
– Highly presentable with good communication skills.
– Team player.
Company benefits include:
– 6.6 weeks pro rata annual holiday entitlement.
– Enhanced long service holiday entitlement.
– Generous company pension.
– Life assurance.
– Performance and loyalty payment scheme.
– Complimentary tickets to The Royal Yacht Britannia.
– Staff discount in the Royal Deck Tea Room, Britannia Gift Shop and The Lighthouse Restaurant & Bar aboard Fingal.
– Free car parking at The Royal Yacht Britannia.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or postal applications to:
The Royal Yacht Britannia
No agencies please.
Please note, due to the volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to unsuccessful candidates. If you have been selected for interview you will be contacted directly.
Application Deadline: Friday 20/08/2021