Procurement Admin Apprentice
Organisation: The National Trust for Scotland
Salary: £21,132 pro-rata, per annum
Procurement is a small busy team providing a support service to Directorates and Departments across the Trust. We manage national contracts and tender for contracts over £50,000 in value, as well as providing advice on procurement matters as required. The Apprentice role will contribute to the smooth running of the Procurement team by providing a variety of admin support.
The Procurement Apprentice role will provide training in a variety of administrative tasks in a procurement setting. This apprenticeship is a great opportunity to learn, train and experience work in a professional environment where we take pride in providing a good service to colleagues across the Trust.
The Apprentice will also study for a Modern Apprenticeship (SVQ in Business Administration at SCQF Level 6) with Rewards Training.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
The Apprentice will take direction from the Head of Procurement (or other delegated team member as appropriate to the task), working alongside other staff. The Apprentice will have regular guidance and review from Rewards Training, who are working on the Trust’s behalf as our training provider. The employment is for a fixed period of 12 months, subject to continued progression on the course and acceptable performance.
Duties will include:
• General admin support for Procurement – this may include obtaining requests for pricing from suppliers, expediting orders, collating data and producing reports, administrative support for tendering etc.
• Supporting the supplier onboarding process when new suppliers are being added to the finance system including checking that New Supplier Forms are completed adequately, appropriate insurance cover is in place, and bank details are checked before the new supplier is created.
• Other work related to the finance system such as data cleansing, and user acceptance testing in support of system upgrades.
• Raising purchase orders, receipting these orders and working with Finance to resolve any invoice queries.
• Monitoring the Amazon Business account to provide timely PO approval or feedback to users where you are querying or rejecting orders.
• Providing support for managing utilities contracts as required.
• Any other relevant duties appropriate to the role.
To provide a consistently high standard of customer care at all times:
• Assisting colleagues with queries in an efficient and friendly manner and passing enquiries on to other team members where appropriate.
• Working in harmony with other departments (such as Finance) to provide an efficient service for the Trust.
• Adhering to Trust procedures at all times.
Health and Safety
• Work within the Trust’s Health and Safety policy and procedures.
Application Deadline: Sunday 28/01/2024