Organisation: The National Trust for Scotland
Salary: £22,797 - £24,071 per annum
Location: Hermiston Quay, Edinburgh
To contribute to the smooth running of the Procurement team through the provision of wide and varied administrative support. Acting as the first point of contact for internal and external enquiries, communicating effectively and efficiently to manage enquiries, and following up as required to ensure these are concluded promptly. You will undertake general administrative activities diligently, efficiently and in compliance with the Trust’s policies and procedures with minimal supervision.
A key element of the role will be acting as the interface between the Trust’s properties and utility companies. This includes ensuring that properties submit meter readings promptly, liaising with utility companies over invoicing, working with the Estates team to resolve queries over tenant changes in the Trust’s large rental estate, maintenance of utilities spreadsheets, working with property managers, Finance, suppliers, and any lawyers or debt collection staff working on their behalf.
Procurement is a small busy team within the Trust. Although this is a support role, there will be the opportunity to become involved in a wide range of activities and use your initiative to develop and implement improvements in business processes to a greater extent than might be possible in a larger team.
• You will act as the first point of contact for enquiries to the team including reviewing and distributing electronic mail, managing the Procurement team email inbox, maintaining the team SharePoint site, electronic filing etc.
• You will need to build strong working relationships with business managers and property managers in the regions, national support teams and suppliers to promote effective working, provide advice on procurement processes and foster compliance with Trust procurement policies and processes.
• The Trust currently uses MS Dynamics 365. You will be responsible for:
– managing the supplier onboarding process for MS Dynamics 365 to cover off insurance requirements and ensure accurate supplier details including billing information is held;
– raising purchase orders, receipting these orders and working with Finance to resolve any invoice queries;
– running reports from MS Dynamics 365 to provide management information for Procurement and stakeholders;
– responsible for undertaking periodic Dynamics testing on behalf of Procurement for major upgrades in line with test scripts, identifying any problems, and recommending sign off (or not) as appropriate.
• You will be responsible for the administration of national contracts such as car parking machines, coffee machines etc. to improve processes and resolve invoice queries as required.
• You will be responsible for monitoring the Amazon Business account to provide timely PO approval or feedback to users where you are querying or rejecting orders.
• You will act as general support for Procurement – this may include obtaining requests for pricing from suppliers, expediting orders, collating KPI data, administrative support for tendering etc.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE
• Previous experience in a busy administrative environment.
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), and good interpersonal skills with the ability to interact professionally and confidently with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
• Excellent organisational skills and the ability to juggle a busy workload.
• Strong problem-solving skills and a degree of tenacity to follow through on achieving solutions.
• Methodical, rigorous approach with an eye for detail and accuracy.
• Highly competent IT user with experience of Microsoft Office packages such as Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook, and confident about learning IT software.
• Team player with the ability to work on own initiative
• HND / Diploma in business administration
• MS Dynamics 365 experience
DIMENSIONS AND SCOPE OF JOB
• No line management responsibility but regular contact with other colleagues across the Trust at all levels and a wide range of suppliers’ staff, also lawyers and debt collection staff acting on behalf of utility companies.
• Not a budget holder but responsible for maintaining accurate financial information for utilities to inform reporting on consumption.
• Will process financial transactions (e.g., purchase ordering) on a regular basis using an IT based finance system complying with all necessary requirements.
Tools / equipment / systems
• Daily use of IT equipment
Application Deadline: Friday 14/04/2023