Property and Estates Project Coordinator
Organisation: The Royal Zoological Society of Scotland
Salary: £28,343.00 - £34,379.00 Per Annum
Location: Edinburgh Zoo
Plan, organise, develop, and coordinate the Property and Estates elements of delegated capital projects at Edinburgh Zoo, defining and developing and recommending appropriate actions in support of RZSS’ vision and mission, ensuring all contract information is in place to deliver a safe coordinated project.
This is a full time fixed term position for 18 – 24 months where the working hours are 37.5 hours per week and weekend working may be required.
Some of the things you’ll do:
* Contribute to various stages of delegated P&E projects including the works being assessed, prepared, scheduled and allocated.
* Contribute to the development, implementation of systems and processes which ensure that projects being undertaken are aligned with other, planned works carried out by other areas of the service
* Provide effective guidance to assigned groups to identify and implement service improvements
* Contribute to and monitor P&E project budgets
* Tender project work when required in accordance with agreed standards, producing accurate tender documents to ensure projects can be priced to provide best value for budget
* Manage and co-ordinate the work of sub-contractors, to ensure it is carried out according to agreed quality standards, budgets and timescales.
What we’re looking for:
* You’ll be educated to HNC in Construction Management or equivalent
* Understanding of basic principles of structural design, ability to work to design drawings
* Excellent analytical skills, with the ability to interpret complex financial and performance information
* Experience of implementing and working within, particularly from a client’s responsibly viewpoint, CDM 2015
We offer a range of great benefits which can be found at www.rzss.org.uk/about-rzss/staff-benefits
For details on how to apply and further information on what the role involves and essential/desirable criteria – please visit the RZSS Job Opportunities page.
Application Deadline: Monday 18/10/2021